Only An Excuse

Always look forward to this when Hogmanay comes.

For those outside of Scotland, OAE is a show starring Jonathan Watson who impersonates the major figures of Scottish football. It is an institution up here. Many of the personalities he impersonates are well known outside of the UK, so I advise that you give it a go.

Scotland

As someone who'd rather lick Charley than watch a single second of football, I'm guessing it's not going to interest me. Correct?

Quote: Aaron @ December 30, 2007, 12:47 AM

As someone who'd rather lick Charley than watch a single second of football, I'm guessing it's not going to interest me. Correct?

Don't tell her that.

You're asking for trouble.

Quote: Aaron @ December 30, 2007, 12:47 AM

I am on my way to yours Azza armed with a Greatest goals DVD!

I remember way back when I was a married to a scotty how he would disapear for 3 nights during Hogmany. Turns out he was off shagging other women. He did say in court during our divorce that he had asked me first & I had nodded my agreement. Turns out that yet again my lack of understanding of the scottish language let me down. He was in truth saying Whoreamany!
That folks is very true BTW!!!

"Hogmanay"

Quote: Charley @ December 30, 2007, 2:44 AM

:P

Quote: Jazza @ December 30, 2007, 12:43 AM

For those outside of Scotland, OAE is a show starring Jonathan Watson who impersonates the major figures of Scottish football.

It must be a very short show.

Major figures in Scottish football? Are they not all Dutch? :D

Quote: Charley @ December 30, 2007, 2:44 AM

I remember way back when I was a married to a scotty how he would disapear for 3 nights during Hogmany. Turns out he was off shagging other women.

I'm not surprised.

I could've sworn I left a comment on this thread. Was it deleted? If so, can someone tell me why?

I very much doubt it was deleted.
What was the comment?

Quote: Ray Dawson @ December 30, 2007, 1:18 PM

Major figures in Scottish football? Are they not all Dutch? :D

Ain't that the truth!!! :D

Quote: zooo @ January 8, 2008, 11:18 PM

I very much doubt it was deleted.
What was the comment?

Yeah, I think my comment was probably on another, similar thread. I suppose I just didn't expect there to be more than one thread about such an obscure show as 'Only An Excuse'.

Laughing out loud
Understandable.