Sitcom release wish list Page 4

I would like to see series three and four of ' Three Up Two Down' released on DVD.

Browsing through the BCG's sitcom list I noticed a show called "Happy Families" by Ben Elton starring Jennifer Saunders. Has anybody seen it? Is it any good?
I don't think that's released on DVD.

It's ... quirky. I'll give it that.

Quote: Aaron @ September 1 2012, 6:17 PM BST

It's ... quirky. I'll give it that.

So you've seen it. On the telly, on video...? Does the BBC give those more obscure shows any repeats?

The BBC occasionally deigns to repeat recent popular shows (such as Miranda, as discussed elsewhere) and the odd big name series like Dad's Army, but bugger all else. They're very conspicuous exceptions.

Happy Families popped up some years ago on a satellite channel and was shown a few times, but not since.

It has never been made commercially available.

I used to like the comedy series The Young Person's Guide To Becoming A Rock Star which I could never find on DVD.

Sykes.

The black and white and the colour series packaged in a box set with copious sleeve notes.

Dream on . . . .

Also would like Kevin Turvey-Man Behind Green Door to be on DVD rather than just VHS. Suppose there isn't much demand. Fortunately it's on YouTube. :D

In a documentary on "The Young Ones"/Alternative Comedy I heard about a one off show called "Boom Boom Out Go The Lights". Is this available in any form...for example as a bonus on a Comic Strip/Mayall/Young Ones DVD or something like that?

It has not ever been released, no.

I am still disappointed there is no date for The Green Green Grass Series 4.

Living in Australia, I rely on DVDs.

Series 2 & 3 of It Takes A Worried Man.

Filthy, Rich & Catflap Series 2

Sean's Show Series 2

Sticky Moments with Julian Clary

Quote: lofthouse @ October 3 2012, 8:06 PM BST

Filthy, Rich & Catflap Series 2

... Good luck with that.

They only ever made one series.

Well then all they have to do is write it, record it, pursuade the BBC to commission it and air it on TV

Then I want it on DVD :)

Actually if you do a search for filthy rich and catflap 2 on Amazon it shows the VHS version

But I now realise it's just part 2 of series 1

Well that's pissed all over my chips