The Catherine Tate Christmas Show Page 2

Louis Theroux is flipping great.

Quote: Eat_My_Shirts @ December 26, 2007, 11:17 PM

I hate a lot of things. I will make those obvious in future posts.

For some reason, I'm inclined to believe you. Hm.

Quote: Eat_My_Shirts @ December 26, 2007, 9:59 PM

The nan character was stupid. What are we laughing at? How many times an old woman can say the word "FUCK"? I'm sorry but the word "FUCK" doesn't have me in hysterics.

The nan character was stupid? Well theres a good counter argument! Im not a Tate fan, but I would argue that the nan character is funny and a cut above the rest of the stuff on the show. And its not the fact the word f**k is used that makes it funny, I would say it was a combination of the delivery and the anticipation of knowing at any moment shes going to explode in an expletive riddled gob full. Plus she comes across as a very believable character, an old, hate filled, selfish cackling beast whos gotten to the age that shes past caring what others think. I would say theres a depth to this one character that makes her stand out. Though she could just be standing out in comparison to the material that surrounds her.

Oh ok... so the nan character is the best of a bad bunch, so therefore I must tolerate it and laugh at it. The anticipation of knowing she is going to explode (that you speak of) is what kills it. You know what’s coming. You know what she’s going to do. It’s like hearing a joke for the 85th time. It might have been funny the first time around, but by the time you’ve heard it 85 times, it’s just tedious and annoying. I do admit though, the nan character is not as bad as “Lauren”. At least with “Nan” she slightly varies her outbursts. With Lauren it’s the same shit over and over and over and over and over and over and over again. Good riddance Catherine Tate. Wave

Quote: Eat_My_Shirts @ December 26, 2007, 11:17 PM

Hey Birdy,

I like: Curb Your Enthusiasm, The Office, Simpsons, Louis Theroux, Reggie Perrin....

I hate a lot of things. I will make those obvious in future posts.

Keep in touch,

Eat my shirts

Yo Shirts

Love the selection.

Don't want to eat your shirts though! Now a Sunshine dessert, emmm lovely!

I was thinking about the christmas special, Aaron do you know what happened ? I thought we was going to see the nan is her younger days.

Quote: Treenifer @ December 26, 2007, 6:58 PM

Hate (thanks to producers who only listen to the majority view)

What country are you currently residing in?

Quote: jake how @ December 27, 2007, 1:30 PM

I was thinking about the christmas special, Aaron do you know what happened?

Did you not see it?

Yeah I did but I thought you was going to see the nan in her younger days.

*shrug* I make a point to avoid spoilers. Maybe it was cut out. Maybe it was misinformation.

Not unless there is going to be a spin-off.

I think it would have been good, Catherine Tate is brillant but this year christmas special was not very good, the only thing that was really funny was the nan.

Oh well

It's OK EMS - you don't have to watch it. I don't.

Quote: jake how @ December 27, 2007, 1:40 PM

Yeah I did but I thought you was going to see the nan in her younger days.

I've not seen the special yet so I can't say. It was certainly widely reported a few weeks ago (here is The Sun mentioning it) so either that was a bad rumour or the scene has got cut.

I suspect that the scene has got cut - perhaps its on the DVD as an extra?

See Amazon product listing

Ok, Thanks for telling me, I read about it in the sun.

Kathy Burke was brillant in it.

I wonder why it got cut ?

I have looked at the dvd in the shops it is not on there as a dvd extra, it must have been cut.