The Catherine Tate Christmas Show

I was wondering if any one watched the christmas special that Catherine Tate done last night, I thought it was going to have the nan in her younger days, still it was funny but I thought it could have been better, I rate this episode 7/10.

It was said on this website that we was going to see nan in her younger days: This year's Christmas special will feature a flashback of Joannie "Nan" Taylor from the 1950s, does anyone know what happened?

Thank god this was the last ever Catherine Tate show. It's by far the dumbest, repetitive, most over-rated sketch show in recent memory.

I rate this episode: 0/10
I rate Catherine Tate's talents: 0/10

Ididn'twatch it because I really don't like her show even though she is a great actress.

I love Little Britain because it is just OTT compared to hers which is more documentary about the state of Britain today. If maybe she'd come first (!) then my opinions may have been different.

I watched it, but I'm not a big fan anyway. Some of the sketches with Lauren I seem to enjoy... and now she's been killed off! Laughing out loud I've never been able to really get into CT's characters to be honest.

Quote: Eat_My_Shirts @ December 26, 2007, 12:22 PM

I rate Catherine Tate's talents: 0/10

I think regardless of what you think of the shows content, most people tend to agree that Tate is a great comic performer. Her range is pretty impressive I think. The only character Ive ever found really funny from her show though was the Nan. She seemed like a character crying out for her own sit-com, though I doubt shell ever do one.

Hate Catherine Tate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Mostly just because she did what Little Britian pioneered to a lesser extent.

I didn't watch, and now that (thanks to producers who only listen to the majority view) she's on Doctor Who, I may be turned off watching that as well. I just thank God for David Tennant.

Little Britain pioneered something?

Quote: zooo @ December 26, 2007, 7:11 PM

Little Britain pioneered something?

Sketches which are really just waiting for the tag line.

What's the point in being a 'great comic performer' if none of your comic performances are funny?

I'm not a fan apart from the 'how very dare you' character.

I was quite surprised to see that one of her early roles was in series 2 of Big Train. She act's ok in that, but it was always going to be difficult for her to shine against Pegg, Eldon and Heap.

Quote: Treenifer @ December 26, 2007, 7:20 PM

Sketches which are really just waiting for the tag line.

They didnt pioneer that though, did they? An earlier example, just off the top of my head, would be the fast show; which was literally all about the catchphrase.

Quote: Treenifer @ December 26, 2007, 6:58 PM

(thanks to producers who only listen to the majority view)

Yeah, a mainstream, big budget BBC1 show, what they should do is listen to what the minority want! Ignore the many and slavishly incorporate the thoughts of the few!! Now theres a fast track to cancellation if ever I heard one.

The setups for the Fast Show were always well devised and not too derivative. They signed off just at the right time.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ December 26, 2007, 6:26 PM

I think regardless of what you think of the shows content, most people tend to agree that Tate is a great comic performer. Her range is pretty impressive I think. The only character Ive ever found really funny from her show though was the Nan. She seemed like a character crying out for her own sit-com, though I doubt shell ever do one.

Like my homeboy Retinend said; What's the point of being a great comic performer if you're a crap comedian? Catherine Tate started out as an actor, anyway. Goodness knows how she got into, or rather was ALLOWED into comedy. Positive discrimination I suspect. Not enough women comedians on the BBC.

The nan character was stupid. What are we laughing at? How many times an old woman can say the word "FUCK"? I'm sorry but the word "FUCK" doesn't have me in hysterics.

Hello Shirts, what exercises your chuckle muscle?

Hey Birdy,

I like: Curb Your Enthusiasm, The Office, Simpsons, Louis Theroux, Reggie Perrin....

I hate a lot of things. I will make those obvious in future posts.

Keep in touch,

Eat my shirts