'Whose Line Is It Anyway?' is complete shit Page 3

Quote: Leevil @ December 26, 2007, 7:59 PM

Just like Ryan Stiles.

Laughing out loud

Quote: zooo @ December 26, 2007, 8:40 PM

Most comedians couldn't do improv. Just like 99% of us couldn't. That's why people find it so hard to believe it's genuine.

Exactly! It's just a really, really hard thing to be good at. That's why Mock the Week's entirely scripted - it means they can have a wide selection of comedians on without the fear that they may not be good enough.

Aww! I’m sure all the top comedians out there are all watching “Whose Line is it..” wishing they could be good at a totally irrelevant entity such as “Improvised comedy”.

Improvised comedy is as baseless and pointless and useless and humorless as the people doing it. The whole concept is crap. What’s it for? Does anyone know? Maybe it’s something these so-called "comedians" should do behind closed doors, to keep themselves on their toes...but basing a whole TV show around it? Oh please..spare us. Why would I want to watch a bunch of ordinary (bordering on mediocre) comedians, try to amuse the audience with supposed unprepared, unrehearsed, tossed out bollocks. It’s embarassing.

There’s something about overly-planned and premeditated comedy (WE’RE HERE TO MAKE YOU LAUGH) that I find very pompous, unamusing and ANNOYING.

Whistling nnocently

You are a decidedly odd person.
But I'm sure we'll like you anyway. :)

Quote: Eat_My_Shirts @ December 26, 2007, 9:45 PM

There’s something about overly-planned and premeditated comedy (WE’RE HERE TO MAKE YOU LAUGH) that I find very pompous, unamusing and ANNOYING.

Whistling nnocently

Do you prefer sitcoms unscripted then?

I like REALISM in a sitcom. aka...The Office, Larry Sanders show..etc..etc..

many thanks

Curb Your Enthusiasm?

Quote: Leevil @ December 26, 2007, 11:18 PM

Curb Your Enthusiasm?

If I say YES, you're going to come back with "Curb is improvised", right?

Yes I am aware of this. But it's not the same. They are given a basic outline of what is going on in the scene, and they act accordingly. They're not aggressively trying to be funny. It's not a contest.

Yes but it's American so it doesn't count.

Quote: David Chapman @ December 26, 2007, 11:28 PM

Yes but it's American so it doesn't count.

Yes but you're old, so you don't count either.

How do you know I'm old then?

I've seen your age. I've seen your photo. I've seen you pop culture references.

Yes but I could be Kent Pete.

I think we're all Kent Pete and ironically he's actually the only one who is not.

Quote: Eat_My_Shirts @ December 26, 2007, 11:26 PM

If I say YES, you're going to come back with "Curb is improvised", right?

Yes I am aware of this. But it's not the same. They are given a basic outline of what is going on in the scene, and they act accordingly. They're not aggressively trying to be funny. It's not a contest.

Laughing out loud Have you seen Whose Line Is It Anyway. I think what you mean is that you like more observational stuff tempered with realism. I don't really think that i'm just drunk and trying to sound clever. I'll revert back to normal in a moment.

Quote: Aaron @ December 25, 2007, 9:05 PM

Good to see some conflicting opinions on here for once. :)

No it isn't :P

See :)