Christmas at the Riviera

Anyone watch this?

It had a really good cast and quite fun although a bit formulaic. Very farcical at times and leant on Fawlty Towers a bit.

I wasn't paying 100% attention - it wasn't that gripping and was a bit long at 2 hours.

I enjoyed this. Loved the character of the miserable husband, whose son lies to get away from him every year. I did giggle at the dead woman stuffing too.

i loved this. it was the only thing on on christmas eve but i thought it was really good.
very well cast. well written. good enjoyable british farce type stuff. like a cross between fawlty towers, cold feet and a carry on film.

i thought it was interesting that the only two characters who didn't have a happy ending were the vicars.

I thought it was great but faded out a little towards the end. As I was watching, I couldn't help think it REALLY reminded me of something else in its writing style. During one of the breaks I looked it up on t'internet to find it was the same writers that wrote "Worst Week of My Life." You could see the similarities... very interesting.

Only just got round to watching this last night and really enjoyed it. True, some of the setups were far-fetched but for nearly two hours of entertainment I thought it was very good. I thought Darren Boyd was excellent in it and much better than the annoying character he has to play in Saxondale.

Quote: ContainsNuts @ January 8, 2008, 9:35 AM

I thought Darren Boyd was excellent in it and much better than the annoying character he has to play in Saxondale.

Darren Boyd didn't "have" to play anything in Saxondale, he chose to, unless you know something about the casting process I don't?