The Royle Family! Page 3

Well it's subtle, nice gentle humour, it's not for everyone, But what is? Oh yeah, that Trash they put on BBC1 sometimes, thats been through the cheese making machine so many times, the Yanks will think it's a tasty meal(They put cheese on everything)

It's nice to recognise some of their character traits and sometimes you can identify with them. Most of us know someone like them in the show, who we take for granted in real life and it reminds us of this.

There's some good jokes in there too, sorry if they are too subtle, but to us who get them and enjoy them, think their perfectly done.

Someone film Walker's sock drawer quickly.

^ I've tried before. But something in there short-circuits any electric device that comes near it. But nothing has attacked me yet, and it is pretty cool overall. Though the green light can get annoying at night times.

I agree. It was awful. I don't see what people saw in it.

I wouldn't go quite that far. I too didn't really find it very funny at all (admittedly I've not seen all of it though), buuut kind of entertaining.

Still a show I tend to turn off if it comes on the TV though!

In a way it was a more humorous soap because you got to know a boring family and their mundane life.

Corrie with a few more jokes.

I think it's a sublime sitcom. Subtle, touching at time and just superbly written and realized. Caroline Aherne is godly. Alot of the best moments are Jim's rants and comments.

"Sod it, I'm away for a Tom Tit" :D

Yep I agree with that. Top-notch show. My friend got me into it, as well as The Office.

Anyone else think reason Jim takes mick out of Antony all the time is to hide his affection, as he obv does love his son but doesn't show it often

One of the best shows ever. Make more specials please?

I would love a Christmas Special this year

Quote: george roper @ 23rd January 2014, 12:31 PM GMT

I would love a Christmas Special this year

Personally, I think they should leave it. I thought the last special was crap. If the good storyline was there then yes but if not then no leave it as it is.

I thought last year's Christmas special was great and funny.