Definitive boxsets?

I'd be interested to know what British shows have dedicated boxsets, by which I mean, every single episode collected into one streamlined package that takes up less space on your bookshelves. As far as I'm aware, this list includes:

Blackadder
The Office
The Royle Family
Black Books
Father Ted
The Fast Show
Dads Army
The New Statesman
Rising Damp

Any others?

Steptoe and Son
Hancock (not just HHH)
Bless This House
George and Mildred
Man About the House
Chef!
The Detectives
The Comic Strip
dinnerladies
Ever Decreasing Circles
Monty Python
Mr Bean
Gimme Gimme Gimme
Home to Roost
I Didn't Know You Cared
I'm Alan Partridge
Jeeves & Wooster
Nearest and Dearest
On the Buses
Outside Edge
Please Sir!
Only Fools and Horses
One Foot in the Grave (I think)
Porridge/Open All Hours/etc (part of Ronnie Barker Complete Collection)
The Brittas Empire
Goodnight Sweetheart
The Thin Blue Line
Spaced
The World of Lee Evans
High Stakes
George and the Dragon
The League of Gentlemen
The Fall and Rise of Reginald Perrin
Up Pompeii! (part of The Frankie Howerd Collection)
The Likely Lads/Whatever Happened to the Likely Lads
Wild West
Little Britain
... and I'm sure there are many others I forget.

Not sure which, if any, of those could be considered to be "streamlined" to take up less space than seperate releases though!

crumbs

Not sure about some of them, Aaron. For example, I'm sure the One Foot In The Grave boxset is just the individual series just shoved in a cardboard box. I'm thinking more of shows where they actually put all the discs in one dedicated box with fold out sections... I'll go through your list and see if they fit my criteria, though.

Ok, well I'm far too lazy to go through and look again and work out, but definitely The Thin Blue line, The World of Lee Evans, High Stakes, Spaced, and George and the Dragon adhere to those specifications.

I suppose what I'm really after is that I don't want to buy either individual series of shows, or clunky boxsets, if a more slimline and comprehensive package is around the corner. Many thanks for your list, though.

I think, if something's been released, then that'll be it. They'll either do it on the first go, or not at all.

Having said that, I think Gimme Gimme Gimme and dinnerladies may have been repacked, slimmer, when those idiotic pillocks at Universal Playback re-released them.

Oh, not sure if they could really be called 'complete', but Do Not Adjust Your Set and At Last The 1948 Show are pretty slim too.

Oh, and Jeeves and Wooster is quite slim. Not sure about Chef! or The Detectives, Brittas, but quite possible. Up Pompeii! definitely (although only available as part of a bigger set), and probably a few others which I'm too lazy to check. Best to pop down to HMV or Zavvi really.

Hope that helps anyway.

OOh, H2G2.

I believe Seinfeld have one out now in some sort of stupid fridge. It's about £129.99 though. O.o

I've just had an email from David Bowie - the latest 5 albums on 10 discs. Or isn't that what you're talking about?

I'd say Auf Wiedersehn Series 1,
Randall & Hopkirk (well Emilia Fox is in it!
Minder
Father Teds
League of Gentlemen
Minder

I can confirm that The Tony Hancock Collection is definitely a 'slimline' release.

See Amazon product listing
[p=http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/3441055/Hancock-Half-Hour-50th-Anniversary-Collection/Product.html]

Game On

Men Behaving Badly is a great box set but misses out the xmas special.

The 2 sitcoms missing off that box set list which I think really should be there are 2 Point 4 Children and Birds of a Feather. They are 2 great sitcoms which really need to be released properly. Why they haven't I really don't know. I think its rediculous. It makes me so angry!!! Angry

I recently saw Auf Wiedersehen Pet series 1&2 in one complete package it costs about £40 where I saw it (HMV I think)

Quote: Richard Saunders @ January 4, 2008, 1:48 PM

The 2 sitcoms missing off that box set list which I think really should be there are 2 Point 4 Children and Birds of a Feather. They are 2 great sitcoms which really need to be released properly. Why they haven't I really don't know. I think its rediculous. It makes me so angry!!! Angry

For some reason, the audience isn't there. They're just not fashionable right now I guess.