BBC1 Christmas Day

Here the Christmas Day line up on BBC1 a few sitcoms to look forward to, as long as you've sunk a few before they start.

06:00 Breakfast

09:00 CBBC

10:20 Christmas Family Worship

11:20 Film: Babe

12:50 News

13:00 Doctor Who Confidential: Music And Monsters

14:00 Top Of The Pops Special

15:00 H M The Queen

15:10 Green Green Grass Special

15:55 Film: Monsters Inc

17:20 My Family Special

18:10 News

18:20 Strictly Come Dancing

18:30 Eastenders

19:00 Doctor Who Christmas Special - The Runaway Bride

20:00 Strictly Come Dancing Special

21:00 EastEnders

21:30 Vicar Of Dibley

22:30 Little Britain Abroad

23:00 News

23:10 Film: Entrapment

24:55 Christmas Message

25:00 Film: That's Carry On

26:30 Weatherview

25? 26? THEY'RE EXTENDING THE DAYS NOW?!

But seriously, that's interesting. Could be better, but let's face it - it could be worse.

Looking through some of the other listings which may be of interest, ITV3 seem to be having a Two Ronnies day, including a number of 'shorts', presumably introductory bits, entitled "Ronnie Corbett: Ronnie and Me".
UKTV Gold are providing the customary Carry On with Up The Jungle at 11:00 am, and Channel 4 will be seeing the day in with A Fish Called Wanda, starting at 11:15pm on the 24th.
Also, BBC 2 are kicking off the day with a five-hour The Story of Light Entertainment marathon from 1:00 am.
And - wow - good to see Morecambe & Wise at a reasonably sane hour on Boxing Day (it was 8:30 am or something similar last year); 11:55 am.

Anyway, if anyone's interested, I'll post a full comedy run-down a bit nearer the time. (Since I'll probably make one for myself anyway, haha.)

Reminds me why I tend to watch DVDs on the big day. The Doctor Who Chrimble special is the only thing I'll be watching. Yet more Vicar of Dibley, Green Green Grass, My F**king Family and Little Britain doesn't really do it for me.

not brilliant is it, at least we have the comic special that is the queens speech, i always watch it just in hope that a corgi will crawl beginhd her and take a massive dump on her royal carpet, either that or prince Phillip taking a dump on her royal carpet

Oh dear, not a Royalist then?

As a staunch anti-monarchist, I'll be giving the old dear's speech a wide berth. I occasionally watch the alternative speech on Channel 4 (The Simpsons one from a couple of years ago was pretty funny), but not this year...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/6210324.stm

I have no interest in some stupid bint attempting to justify the niqab. Channel Four, you are a bunch of publicity seeking, cynical arseholes.

also as a anti-monarchist i'll be giving it a miss, it shows she is losing her touch, apperently a couple of years ago she did it at the base where they keep all the tanks and stuff that are waiting to go out to war zones, couldn't we go one step further and send her to Iraq.

Quote: Aaron @ December 6, 2006, 11:21 PM

BBC 2 are kicking off the day with a five-hour The Story of Light Entertainment marathon from 1:00 am.

Set the vid for this if you haven't seen it. Excellent series.
:)

Indeed it was - and featuring our very own Andrew Collins, if I remember rightly. They seem to be playing it a hell of a lot over 25-27th, so I'll have to keep an eye out for the exact times and post them up.

Anyway, on topic I realised I didn't really comment much. I quite like The Green Green Grass, so I'm looking forward to that. Same with My Family, I guess. Dibley was also good in its time, so I'm intrigued - but wary - of that one. Little Britain I really dread. But I guess I'll end up watching most/all of it. And nice to see the Beeb crack out our old friend Entrapment to round the day off!

For some reason I like Christmas episodes of Dibley. Should I be shot?

P.S. Jay, why have you got that in your sig? You're scaring me now.

Oh no, I'm sure we've all liked worse.

Probably.

Quote: zooo @ December 8, 2006, 6:55 PM

P.S. Jay, why have you got that in your sig? You're scaring me now.

;) Aaah don't worry. I'm not that scary!

Probably is time for a new sig though.