Hancock Page 10

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 2nd March 2021, 8:58 PM

And on Thursday 11 March the drama Hancock (previously broadcast in 1991) with Alfred Molina playing the lad himself at 9pm on BBC4 followed at 10.55 by Mark Lawson talking to Ray Galton & Alan Simpson (previously broadcast in 2008).

That, (Hancock with Alfred Molina) was excellent, and I love Mark Lawson's interviews - I wish there were more of them as he makes even the most boring people sound interesting. :D

Tonight was a repeat of his interview with Ian La Frenais & Dick Clement. (not that they are boring!)

Interesting recording of a 1971 Radio 4 broadcast with contributons from many that Tony Hancock worked with over the years including Sid James:

Cheers Billy, I'm a bit obsessed with Hancock at the moment. I'll give that a listen.

Great! Thank you. :D

Splendid find, thank you Billy!

In the Mail on Sunday Magazine crossword, they usually have a theme for a few of the clues.

Today's had a few Hancock related clues. The first one across mentioned an East Cheam address and I got it straight away. Others referred to Galton, Simpson, Syd James and the boy himself.

Quote: Chappers @ 25th September 2022, 10:43 PM

In the Mail on Sunday Magazine crossword, they usually have a theme for a few of the clues.

Today's had a few Hancock related clues. The first one across mentioned an East Cheam address and I got it straight away. Others referred to Galton, Simpson, Syd James and the boy himself.

Thanks for that Chappers - I'll give that a look, as I only buy the newspaper for my wife and never look at it.

And I'll look out for Sid and the LAD himself ?

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 25th September 2022, 11:50 PM

Thanks for that Chappers - I'll give that a look, as I only buy the newspaper for my wife and never look at it.

And I'll look out for Sid and the LAD himself ?

Sorry!

Not the specific forum maybe but on Radio 4 Extra NOW is Steve Punt's Hancock Cuttings for 3 hours.

currently an excerpt from Educating Archie where Hancock is playing a cinema manager.

There's a four page article by Robert Ross on the lad himself in the June issue of Best of British magazine, which has just dropped through the letterbox (well yesterday to be exact).

Price £4.95 and, if you're wondering whether it is worth paying that just for a four page article, there are, amongst numerous other features, two pages on Paul O'Grady (written by one of our number), two pages on "When 'enery's 'ammer floored Clay" and an interesting article on "the mysterious death of Leslie Howard".

Thanks for that, and I'll think about it, but £4.95...........hmmmm

Did you know anything about this Herc?

Gosh Comics have produced a comic featuring Hancock.

Quote: Chappers @ 15th September 2023, 7:59 PM

If you've got the odd £34.95 to spare. Seems rather expensive for a comic. Used to be about 6d when I was at school.

https://goshlondon.com/hancock-the-lad-himself-gn/

https://goshlondon.com/the-gosh-blog/hancock-the-lad-himself-signing-with-keith-page/

Quote: Chappers @ 15th September 2023, 7:59 PM

Yes, read about it on here I think about a month ago, but it's a book isn't it? Not a comic per se, but at £35 far too expensive - I'll wait until a S/H copy comes up on eBay next year. 😁