People

Do you know anyone who looks like, sounds like, acts like or in any other way is similar to a character/persona from a British (or indeed foreign) comedy, be it sitcom, sketch or other?

My nomination is one of my university lecturers, who sounds JUST like Iqbal, the headmaster of Bromwell High.

i have a class mate who is exactly like maggie in the extras and i also know someone who is exactly like Tony out of mbb plus i have a friend who reminds me of Harry potter, and as luck would have it guess what his name is,,,,,,, Matthew Bridges

:D A colleague of mine looks and acts uncannily like Bill Bailey. As we both work in a bookstore, he can only be compared to Manny from Black Books.

We have also had someone start recently who looks like Simon Pegg. Am thinking of recreating the episode where Pegg becomes Manny's boss at Goliath Books!

The medieval french bag-pipe player at my friend's wedding also looked like Bill Bailey. But other than that no-one springs to mind.

These are excellent! Jay72 - you'll have to do that Black Books reunion!

They say popular sitcom characters are popular because most people can identify with them... I know a Mrs Bucket type woman and, when I was a teenager working in a supermarket, I had a David Brent alike as my manager (looked the same plus same rubbish and racist jokes)... although The Office hadn't been created then so we couldn't call him Brent behind his back or anything like that. Shame.

How about everyone else?

Does anyone look like a sitcom character / actor themselves (and want to admit to it)! That'd be great. We could have a look-alike hall of fame!

Quote: Mark @ December 5, 2006, 8:02 PM

These are excellent! Jay72 - you'll have to do that Black Books reunion!

Sadly, I don't have a Bernard. Nobody at work is drunk enough!
:(

Sadly I work for a giant global semiconductor business and I meet daily with people who look like and act like characters from the Dilbert by Scott Adams.