Comedy Shuffle Page 2

Those kids were in a live show up in Edinburgh called School of Comedy. There was a big group of them. Maybe about 8. The little kid with the glasses was by far the funniest. He played the same character in every sketch but he'd really refined it - a posh, loud, old guy. And everyone loves kids swearing. They performed at the Pleasance and were one of the best shows I saw (if only because I expected little). In fact, when I went to see them the guys from Fat Tongue (who did the alien sketches) were in the house too. I also went to see them. They were a classic sketch group and TV didn't really do them justice.

Also, who the hell is the guy at the end who does the shitty song and looks like a hideous emaciated version of Julian Barratt and Noel Fielding?

Rubbish, pure and simple.

Quote: zooo @ November 23, 2007, 12:22 AM

Yeah I don't remember liking anything else.
The little kid saying 'f**king' made up for it though, to be honest.

Hey, how wonderful.. maybe he/she will say 'c**t' next week?

Tune in, tune in .. puerile rubbish abounds!

You really do have a lot of misplaced rage, don't you? Rolling eyes

Quote: Ladma @ November 23, 2007, 1:19 AM

Those kids were in a live show up in Edinburgh called School of Comedy. There was a big group of them. Maybe about 8. The little kid with the glasses was by far the funniest. He played the same character in every sketch but he'd really refined it - a posh, loud, old guy. And everyone loves kids swearing. They performed at the Pleasance and were one of the best shows I saw (if only because I expected little). In fact, when I went to see them the guys from Fat Tongue (who did the alien sketches) were in the house too. I also went to see them. They were a classic sketch group and TV didn't really do them justice.

Also, who the hell is the guy at the end who does the shitty song and looks like a hideous emaciated version of Julian Barratt and Noel Fielding?

Yes I thought he looked like he was trying to look like Noel too.

Yes, The School of Comedy! (I looked em up yesterday) there's a clip on youtube of the sketch they did last night, but it's changed a lot now and is even better. I wanna see them live.
And they're on again next week? Ace.

ENTERTAINMENT: Comedy Shuffle
On: BBC 3
Date: Thursday 29th November 2007 (starting in 6 days)
Time: 23:00 to 23:30 (30 minutes long)

A weekly alert is set for Thursday, 15 minutes before 23:00
Comedian Jocelyn Jee Esien introduces regulars Colin and Fergus and performances from Jim Jeffries, the Scottish Falsetto Sock Puppet Theatre, School of Comedy and resident musical phenomenon Doktor cocacolamcdonalds.

It was awful. Lucy Montgomery is a very good comedy actress but was a terrible compere. The film sketches were awful. And honestly, would you have laughed at the kids if they weren't kids? I hear kids swearing everyday and that alone is not enough to make me laugh.

Btw is the kid with the glasses the offspring of Steve Pemberton perchance? He is very *similar*.

I just wanted to punch the kid with glasses, I'm I wrong.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGlWhJUBrwI

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ November 23, 2007, 2:10 PM

And honestly, would you have laughed at the kids if they weren't kids?

Well, that's not really the point is it?
They are kids, and it is funny. (To me).

cool jim jeffries is on next week, not for the faint hearted.

Is he the one that got punched?

Yes it is.

Quote: zooo @ November 24, 2007, 12:29 AM

Well, that's not really the point is it?
They are kids, and it is funny. (To me).

Then isn't that saying they only have one joke (i.e that they are kids, acting as grown-ups)? If their script doesn't stand up to adults performing it then, imo, it's not good enough. The basic joke would wear very thin quickly. I don't want to pick on the kids though, they clearly have talent (even if, as someone has pointed out, they can be irritating), the rest of the show written and performed by adults was as bad or worse in places.

I haven't seen their whole show, just that tiny extract from it. So I can't really judge them properly or start to analyse it.
That's what comedians do sometimes isn't it? Use what they've got. Whether that be being male, female, old, young, black, ginger, tall, fat. They're kids - they use that.

Anyway, I laughed. That's actually enough for me now and again.

Quote: Britcom Barry @ November 23, 2007, 7:02 PM

I just wanted to punch the kid with glasses http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGlWhJUBrwI

I didn't see the show but just watched that clip - I have to hand it to those kids, comic material aside, they've got good delivery and guts (or at least until Barry punches them they have)