Fresh Fields

Does anybody remember this sitcom. There was a spin-off called French Fields. I've never seen it but I have bought the DVD of the first series on ebay. Have I well spent a tenner or not?

I do remember this one and the sequel. At the time I really enjoyed it, I'd be interested to see if it has aged well.
Hope you enjoy it.

Thankyou

I have to admit, I LOVED this show. I'm waiting for them to bring out the DVD's here in Australia. Enjoy! :D

Just watched the first episode and well if I'm being honest it was awful. Hopefully it is just one of them first episode things, but I think it is just as likely it's a poor sitcom

Quote: Cauldron Chick @ November 7, 2007, 9:48 AM

I'm waiting for them to bring out the DVD's here in Australia.

*cough cough* Erroneous apostrophe. *cough cough*

I must say, I remember this show fondly, but as with so many comedies of yesteryear, I wonder how well they stand up now. In a similar vein I remember really enjoying Chance In A Million and Duty Free, but I'm not sure if I'd enjoy them now. Time can be a cruel mistress.

Quite an improvement in episode 2. Altough not up to par it was watchable. I only hope the show improves and I start liking it

I remember it as being really bad. Good luck, Jack! Wasn't there a sequel, French Fields?

Yes, there was

Probably equally poor.

Quote: chipolata @ November 9, 2007, 10:36 AM

I must say, I remember this show fondly, but as with so many comedies of yesteryear, I wonder how well they stand up now. In a similar vein I remember really enjoying Chance In A Million and Duty Free, but I'm not sure if I'd enjoy them now. Time can be a cruel mistress.

I'm in the same boat as you here. Think Fresh Fields and Duty Free (don't remember the other one) were very typical of the time. White, middle class, family comedy, usually on about 20.30 on BBC1/ITV, that attracted big audiences and ran for several years. I've seen clips of both since and I just couldn't watch them now - they don't hold up.

I'm sure Fresh Fields got big ratings. Not sure about the follow-up.

Duty Free's been on Paramount 2 this year.

Seems a bit shit really.

Quote: Aaron @ November 9, 2007, 7:12 PM

Duty Free's been on Paramount 2 this year.

Seems a bit shit really.

I love Duty Free me. You can't really go wrong with Eric Chappell (Though I'm not a big fan of Home to Roost). I love the theme tune as well.

Funny, preferred Home To Roost myself.

Although admittedly I've not seen that much of either. I need to sit down and do some proper watching.