South Park Page 2

I love the South Park film, it really is one of the funniest films of the past 10 years. I watched a lot of the first series when it first came out and was going to be the new Simpsons but I lost interest and I never caught up with it again.

I love south park I made it a personal mission to watch them all and except for a few I've pretty much watched them all.

It's up there with family guy, The simpsons has really lost it's way in my eyes, it's becoming tired

South Park is far superior to Family Guy and recent Simpsons, when it comes to plots South Park can do them, when it comes to satire South Park can do it like no other and the amount of laughs is just incredible. It really hit a peak around Season 5-10 and it's still really good now.

Comedian Emma Kennedy reckons Trey and Matt might secretly be massive republicans.

http://www.emmakennedy.co.uk/blog/

(read her blog back over the last few days for why she thinks it.)

I don't agree with her, but it's v. interesting.

If they are they must be...um...I don't know.

I suspect they are because they kinda had a good thing and then flogged it to death when the cheques got bigger than the idea.

Quote: Martin Holmes @ April 24, 2007, 6:26 PM

South Park is far superior to Family Guy and recent Simpsons, when it comes to plots South Park can do them, when it comes to satire South Park can do it like no other and the amount of laughs is just incredible. It really hit a peak around Season 5-10 and it's still really good now.

That's like saying Dracula and Inspector Morse are different. I think they are distinct animals, SP and Fam Guy/Simps. South park is more of a straight story, where are Family Guy and, to perhaps a lesser degree the Simpsons are more romps, built to accomodate the jokes rather than the other way around.

The Simpsons have done dome great plots, but it is starting - actually has been for a wahile - to become apparent it's a deceased porcine being whipped. Hold on, porcines are pigs. Horse. I meant horse.

That was NOT a fruedian slip. I am not thinking about Pork Chops. lol

I love South Park & the film, now that was genius!

'Scott Tenorman must die' is one of, if not the greatest episodes in animated comedy history. Don't ever f**k with Eric Cartman...he'll seal your fate. As someone has already said, when it was good it was amazing, when it was bad it just wasn't funny at all. I think basically if it was a Cartman-central episode then there would be plenty of belly laughs. I genuinely believe that he is the greatest cartoon character of all time. He's just plain evil, and that's lovely to see in a child.

As for the film I thought the opening half hour was absolutely hilarious. If it would have carried on in that vein then it would be a classic. For me the last hour or so dipped unfortunately.

Barring the American pop culture references I think we get it more than the americans. The guys that wrote it were basically in love with the pythons so there is a certain Britishness to it for me.

Cartman is not as funny as he was though. It's Butters who is the best character now, any Butters episode is hilarious.

Can someone recommend the best South Park DVD to buy i.e. what series. ta

Everyone knows it Butters "N'thats Me" Butters is a legend I have stopped watching a long time ago now but there were some truley magnificent episode and then some abortions mostly involving Chef. BUt he's gone now. some fantastic characters have emerged from show like Towlie "You wanna get High?" Timmy, Butters and of course the awesome Cartman. Personally I think pre season 7 your safe

Not sure which series they're from, but the episodes I've seen on Paramount over the past six months or so have generally been fantastic. I'm pretty sure they'll be new-ish series though. The Paris Hilton episode was the funniest thing I've seen for ages.

Ilove Timmy - and who's his spastic mate? And Mr Garison and the Hunters - especially the one with all the bits missing.

I liked South Park when it first came out all those years ago when it was fresh and funny, but as with a lot of things it has gone on too long and I haven't seen it for a long, long time!

Saying that, I have just brought a South Park sun screen thing for my car... well, it was only 59pence!!!

;)

Quote: Nick Rivers @ June 16, 2007, 12:30 PM

Can someone recommend the best South Park DVD to buy i.e. what series. ta

I think any from Season 4 to Season 9 are a safe bet, it really was on form in those series.

Quote: David Chapman @ June 16, 2007, 6:06 PM

Ilove Timmy - and who's his spastic mate? And Mr Garison and the Hunters - especially the one with all the bits missing.

Jimmy..Very mouch

The Lord of Rings ep with Jimmy as Gandalf had me in tears. "You shall not p- you shall not paaa- You shall not paaa" BANG hit by bike riders lol