The Good Place

You can say it is a total comedy or a sitcom, but either way, it is one of the best shows I have ever seen. Eleanor (Kristen Bell) is the true star of this comedy series, and the whole cast did their utmost to excel in their characters. You can actually relate to the crazy, philosophical, light-hearted plot. Seeing this, you will want to live the afterlife they live in. The concept is truly amazing.
Has anyone watched it?

Yep, very much enjoyed it. :) Although D'Arcy Carden was probably the MVP for me. Felt like a show made for modern binge-watching.

It got a bit too plot twist-y towards the end for me, not sure I enjoyed S3/4 as much as S1/2. But they nailed the finale.

A great show that managed to make ethical philosophy funny. Seasons one and two were my favourite, but it never outstayed its welcome. And surprisingly deep and moving at the end.

Yes I binged watched it and really enjoyed it
and having a proper ending was very satisfying

Also show creator Michael Schur ( Cousin Mose in The Office )
Has brought out a book based on the philosophies he learned researching the Good place
"How to be perfect the correct answer to every moral question"
If someone doesn't get it for me for my Birthday then, I'll get myself a copy or get the audio book, I've heard good things about it

Quote: Crindy @ 13th May 2022, 3:27 PM

Yep, very much enjoyed it. :) Although D'Arcy Carden was probably the MVP for me. Felt like a show made for modern binge-watching.

It got a bit too plot twist-y towards the end for me, not sure I enjoyed S3/4 as much as S1/2. But they nailed the finale.

Can't deny. S3 was a bit slow and then became emotional and saddening. Later by the mid of S4 it got better. But it's a wholesome series, giving all types of emotions. The idea is really one of a kind.

Quote: chipolata @ 13th May 2022, 3:49 PM

A great show that managed to make ethical philosophy funny. Seasons one and two were my favourite, but it never outstayed its welcome. And surprisingly deep and moving at the end.

Yup. The ending was relaxed. They showed the true meaning of what "rest in peace" should be like.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 13th May 2022, 9:59 PM

Also show creator Michael Schur ( Cousin Mose in The Office )
Has brought out a book based on the philosophies he learned researching the Good place
"How to be perfect the correct answer to every moral question"
If someone doesn't get it for me for my Birthday then, I'll get myself a copy or get the audio book, I've heard good things about it

Wow! I just googled the book and saw too many positive reviews with good rating. May be I'll add it to my home library, The Good Book of The Good Place.

As a big cheers fan as well I'll raise a glass to Ted Danson's performance in this
Good ol' Sam Malone

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 15th May 2022, 11:44 PM

As a big cheers fan as well I'll raise a glass to Ted Danson's performance in this
Good ol' Sam Malone

Totally. And he's maintained the same hair style for 40 years. Apparently he's used a toupee since Cheers, give his hair an Oscar.

Absolutely right. And not to forget about Jason, the assumed fake monk. I seriously was unable to understand his points in context because he just blabbered, and was actually not a very helpful group member, which by the way was extremely funny and was an added spice to the show. I can never a person can actually exist like this character.