Inside No. 9 - Series 7 Page 6

I think I'm one behind but I saw the Owl one this week which seemed to be back to their usual standard.

The final episode was the best for me. Not many laughs, but that's not a big deal.

Quote: gappy @ 6th June 2022, 9:17 AM

Not many laughs, but that's not a big deal.

It is when it's listed as a comedy. "Dark" or otherwise.

Billy, why are you still torturing yourself by watching this program?

Quote: Lazzard @ 6th June 2022, 9:54 AM

Billy, why are you still torturing yourself by watching this program?

I'm not.

A sort of neutral observer, then.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 6th June 2022, 9:37 AM

It is when it's listed as a comedy. "Dark" or otherwise.

That's just a listing, I'm not bothered by that. And, despite not making me laugh, it was clearly absurd, and so fits better into the category of comedy than drama, if we're talking in the broadest sense. The first ep of the series had lots of jokes.

Just seen "Wise Owl".
Excellent stuff - best of the series by a long way, IMHO.

Agreed, the clear winner this time round. Also, for those that know, Reece's character looked just like the bloke from Lovely Eggs.

Bit late to the party as I've just started watching this. Merrily Merrily had its moments but was overall a bit muddled and weak. Mr King was more fun but very predictable.

My problem with the show is it suffers slightly from M. Night Shyamalan Syndrome. You know there's going to be a twist so you spend a large part of the time just working out what it will be, rather than just enjoying the show.

Quote: chipolata @ 9th June 2022, 11:47 AM

My problem with the show is it suffers slightly from M. Night Shyamalan Syndrome. Yoo know there's going to be a twist so you spend a large part of the time just working out what it will be, rather than just enjoying the show.

Agreed.
I think that a real problem for them.
And with two more series in the pipeline, it's only going to get worse.

Nominative determinism or what?

Watched the Christmas special last night - very good indeed. As a bonus I realized I never watched the final episode of these series - Wise Owl. Very dark but one of the best ever episodes.