Inside No. 9 - Series 7 Page 5

Are they now being too clever with twists and turns? I got it at first but then lost interest.

I think most people would have seen that coming from a mile off.
Also I feel like I've seen the concept before.
We haven't had a classic yet this series.

Yes. Getting a bit too clever.

That was better! Much more like the old style we've come to love and remember, with twists thrown in.

Granola! Granola! ?

At the start of 'Kid/Nap' (S07 E04) when Daisy Haggard's character is at home, why did we need to see her sitting on the loo with her knickers down for almost 30 seconds?
Then a short time later, after she'd been kidnapped, why did we need to hear one baddie telling the other that, after arriving at the kidnap house, she'd needed a pee and so he'd made her pee into a washing-up bowl and (because her hands were tied) had assisted her by pulling her jeans down?

I'm thinking perhaps at least one of the writers has a bit of a fetish.

Mmmmm, Daisy ??

As it turned out, there was intimacy between kidnapper 1

Quote: alison blunderland @ 20th May 2022, 11:22 AM

Let's be honest, they're both pretty weird.

Enjoyed that.
Question: Was that the plan all along? Or did she adapt to save her life?
I'm presuming the latter.

Quote: alison blunderland @ 20th May 2022, 11:22 AM

At the start of 'Kid/Nap' (S07 E04) when Daisy Haggard's character is at home, why did we need to see her sitting on the loo with her knickers down for almost 30 seconds?
Then a short time later, after she'd been kidnapped, why did we need to hear one baddie telling the other that, after arriving at the kidnap house, she'd needed a pee and so he'd made her pee into a washing-up bowl and (because her hands were tied) had assisted her by pulling her jeans down?

The first was just to make a contrast with the juice being poured. I don't think the writers have a fetish, beyond the fetish comedians have for joking about bodily processes.

I enjoyed Kat, though I saw it coming very early on: still pleasure to be had from watching, of course. Kid/Nap was different, in that the entire heist and kidnap genre is built on twists, so although there was one there, it was one of the tried and tested ones, so the tricksiness normally found in plotting and revealing was moved to the presentation. This one had actual laughs in it, which only ep 1 had managed for me (though, again, I don't think the absence is a disaster).

Quote: Lazzard @ 21st May 2022, 10:58 AM

Let's be honest, they're both pretty weird.

Enjoyed that.
Question: Was that the plan all along? Or did she adapt to save her life?
I'm presuming the latter.

I think it's the latter too. If the episode had carried on I'm sure we'd see her dispose of Mays before reaching the airport.

Quote: Sitcomfan64 @ 22nd May 2022, 2:45 PM

I think it's the latter too. If the episode had carried on I'm sure we'd see her dispose of Mays before reaching the airport.

Agreed.
In fact, that's what was missing.

Excellent one this week I thought.

It's amazing it took them this long to do a time-travel episode. Unless it didn't ;)

I thought it was good. The performances were very strong, especially Hynes. The kid was written a bit too horrible, though: I'd forgive it from a 13-year-old with divorced parents, but not from an A-level student. When he got slapped I wasn't shocked, I just thought he had it coming!

Pretty good, though I saw the first twist coming. Well acted etc, but I think I preferred the previous episodes.

Same here, twist-wise.
To be honest, I thought it was better before the time-travel reveal - quite tense and, as has been said, nicely performed.
Once the time travel was introduced it all turned a bit lightweight.
I why is everything always white in the future?
They've yet to reach the heady heights of earlier series, IMHO.