Inside No. 9 - Series 7 Page 3

Quote: zooo @ 26th April 2022, 2:39 PM

Well you've made me go back and watch it again now. She definitely says Laurence. :D (I also looked at the subtitles, which also say Laurence.)

Oh yeah, Simaurence

Wicker Man meets Lord of the Flies in Welsh Wales, and I still say, where's the humour gone.

I like your neeps.

I enjoyed it more than last weeks.
I thought there were a fair few laughs.
But I don't think they're firing on all cylinders yet.

I'm honestly surprised it's taken them this long to do a Wicker Man episode. Nice foreshadowing having 'Recycling Humans' on the board at the beginning.

Quote: Sitcomfan64 @ 28th April 2022, 9:25 AM

I'm honestly surprised it's taken them this long to do a Wicker Man episode. Nice foreshadowing having 'Recycling Humans' on the board at the beginning.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 27th April 2022, 11:44 PM

Wicker Man meets Lord of the Flies in Welsh Wales, and I still say, where's the humour gone.

Why are you quoting yourself, Herc?

Why are you not minding your own business, Hazz?

Just confused , that's all.

I've only just caught up with these. I really enjoyed the first one, nice pressure cooker environment of the boat, it was well played with some good gags. It seems to me pretty feasible that he died of exposure having been in the freezing water then lying out in the open all night (though, as he had a lighter to do the fireworks, he could easily have lit a fire, I'd have thought). I presume the other 3 weren't dead. Nobody says "Simon" at any point.

The second one I liked less, but perhaps because I had a flash of inspiration it would be The Wicker Man within 60 seconds. I also don't know why a) they had to concoct a complex plan to look at his foreskin when it would surely have simple enough to engineer a situation in which both men were in a public urinal b) why they had to take a photo once they had checked, and c) why they had to keep all the old photos afterwards. But, that aside, there were some quite enjoyable parts.

Yeah, a few questions again, but a pretty effective episode. I found the superglue scene particularly unsettling.

Quote: gappy @ 1st May 2022, 6:14 PM

I also don't know why a) they had to concoct a complex plan to look at his foreskin when it would surely have simple enough to engineer a situation in which both men were in a public urinal b) why they had to take a photo once they had checked, and c) why they had to keep all the old photos afterwards. But, that aside, there were some quite enjoyable parts.

Just because Steve's character was a massive perv, I think!

Yes, that theory checks out!

Yes - I don't think it was necessary to see the actual photos. It was obvious what they were.

Quote: Chappers @ 3rd May 2022, 2:28 PM

Yes - I don't think it was necessary to see the actual photos. It was obvious what they were.

Before the episode started, there was a warning that it contained nudity. Imagine my disappointment!

BTW I just saw today's BCG article that said there's going to be an American version of Inside No. 9... I'm skeptical about the point of that, but at least Pemberton and Shearsmith will be involved in it.
Also, for those who don't know, it's not on this week but will be back next Wednesday (11th May).