What are the best 10 ITV sitcoms...

.........of all time?

Lists, lists - is there any point, besides I think you'd struggle to make a top 10 of ITV shows, not unless you were George Roper (whoever he was) or you're being ironic, which makes it a good post.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 18th April 2022, 2:48 PM

Lists, lists - is there any point, besides I think you'd struggle to make a top 10 of ITV shows, not unless you were George Roper (whoever he was) or you're being ironic, which makes it a good post.

I'm not being ironic.

They have done a lot of good series.

That was why I agreed to set them up in the 1950s.

Not being nasty but sometimes I think you are living in cloud and the cuckoos land.

Rising Damp would be number one anyway.

Rising Damp
On the Busses
Man about the House
George and Mildred

Benidorm is another.
Not subtle but plenty of belly laughs.

I couldn't even name 10 as most of them have been dreadful down the years

Rising Damp was great

The only others that were half decent imo where Duty Free, Home to Roost, Mr Bean...

And that's about it

To throw a few more into the mix in (more or less) chronological order:

The Larkins, The Army Game, Bootsie & Snudge, Bless This House, Doctor in/at/on..., Shelley, Bless Me Father, Only When I Laugh, Watching, The Piglet Files, Is It Legal?.

Some favourites in no particular order:
Bless This House
George & The Dragon
On The Buses
Man About The House
George & Mildred
Rising Damp
Love Thy Neighbour
Two's Company
The New Statesman
Never Mind The Quality, Feel The Width

OK, I change my mind, seeing Aaron's list............mostly

Which would you contest, Herc?

Two's Company

Ha! Well, I'm sure you could swap that out for at least one of the following:
Two In Clover
Father, Dear Father
Please Sir!
Pardon The Expression
Worzel Gummidge
The Larkins
The Army Game
Bootsie & Snudge
Hancock's
Nearest & Dearest

For my money, ITV has actually aired more all-time-great sitcoms than the BBC. The difference is that the former's weren't all made, and aren't now all owned, by the one company keen to blow its own trumpet.

Ha! I thought you might have asked me what my replacement would be, and it would have been one of these three.....................

The Larkins
The Army Game
Bootsie & Snudge

So, we are of a mind ?

Excellent.

Some sensible posts.

I'm having Rising Damp, yes, and George and Mildred and I'm definitely having Watching. I also very much like A Fine Romance. Bless This House.....yes, that's underrated. I will come back with a bit mores later.