Eyes Down

A sitcom with no thread of its own until now. I have to say I avoided it because of its setting and the campness I thought it would have, so I can't say if it was any good or not but there was an article on my media feed page (if that's what you call it) today about the Oxford academics who created the 'perfect sitcom formula' and listed this sitcom as the worst in their survey, (with barely any points) using their formula. (Fawlty Towers only came 4th btw ? hmm).

Just wondered how it got a 2nd series if it was that bad. Did anyone here see it, never mind like it?

So good there's no BCG link.

Is this the Paul O'Grady one? If it is that's why it probably got two series. For a while he was very popular, and this feels like s star vehicle.

That would have to be my guess too, a show for fans of his and camp TV in general, although he's one of the straighter and more conservative campers out there.

Yes, I thought it was very good. Lots of laughs. It's a very traditional style sitcom, and if you like that sort of thing as I do, stands up very well to rewatches every few years.

It did very well at the time and was set to run further, but internal politics took over and kyboshed the plans.