Derry Girls - Series 3

I have missed Derry Girls! Lisa McGee's writing is so sharp, it can't be easy juggling that many characters, while distributing funny dialogue to each one. Lovely to see Kevin McAleer back and I gasped at the guest star!

Also is there a reason it hasn't been released on DVD?

First time I've seen it and I enjoyed it. Wasn't quite as spectacular as the hype suggests, but still good stuff. The Braveheart line made me laugh out loud, and Liam Neeson was surprisingly adept at comedy (sometimes guest stars can be clunkers, but this worked).

Quote: Sitcomfan64 @ 12th April 2022, 11:29 PM

That does annoy me. Now it's nearly complete there should be a complete DVD boxset release.

Ahem, spoiler alerts, please - not everyone has had the chance to watch the new episode yet. I'm sure you'll rectify this oversight. Thank you and good morning.

Correct Dave!

Quote: chipolata @ 13th April 2022, 6:39 AM

First time I've seen it and I enjoyed it. Wasn't quite as spectacular as the hype suggests, but still good stuff.

May I recommend a watch of the first two series then as IMHumbleO there are three or more classic eps in there at least the quality of The Office and a fair bit more sitcommy at that. The one with the ... had me crying with laughter and I hadn't done that since Hitler invaded France.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 13th April 2022, 8:08 AM

Ahem, spoiler alerts, please - not everyone has had the chance to watch the new episode yet. I'm sure you'll rectify this oversight. Thank you and good morning.

I mean... I'd have thought that if you're clicking on the Derry Girls Series 3 thread and you haven't watched the first episode then you've kind of got nobody to blame but yourself if you get spoiled.

Well no, as more often than not the new series threads begin before the broadcast and I was wanting to see when it starts, not knowing it already had. It surely doesn't take much to put a *SPOILER ALERT* before discussing contents of brand new eps. Thank you in hope and good morning.

Quote: Sitcomfan64 @ 13th April 2022, 8:30 AM

I mean... I'd have thought that if you're clicking on the Derry Girls Series 3 thread and you haven't watched the first episode then you've kind of got nobody to blame but yourself if you get spoiled.

Yes, quite. Spoilers only apply if you're talking about something you've watched ahead of TV transmission, IMO.

Quote: Sitcomfan64 @ 12th April 2022, 11:29 PM

I suspect 'they' believe the show's core audience is teenage and twenty-something women, and that those people do not buy DVDs in sufficient quantity to make it economically feasible.

Glad to see that it's back. Time to fire up the download device.

Quote: Sitcomfan64 @ 13th April 2022, 8:30 AM

Agreed. I ventured into an Inside No. 9 thread and had an episode spoiled but I only had myself to blame.

Quote: Aaron @ 13th April 2022, 10:05 AM

Yes, quite. Spoilers only apply if you're talking about something you've watched ahead of TV transmission, IMO.

Which has only been possible since the very recent act of making the whole series available on iplayer before it has aired on TV. Not something I've yet indulged in or think is a good idea, with the proliferation of social media and excitable types who want to blurt out to everyone what they've just viewed in detail.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 13th April 2022, 3:28 PM

Which has only been possible since the very recent act of making the whole series available on iplayer before it has aired on TV. Not something I've yet indulged in or think is a good idea, with the proliferation of social media and excitable types who want to blurt out to everyone what they've just viewed in detail.

I agree wholeheartedly.

I've never seen this but it gets great reviews. Is it necessary to watch from the start or can I just catch up now?

You probably could just jump in and colour most of it, but you'd get much more by following the characters and their story from the start.

Wonderful episode tonight, very possibly the funniest episode so far, with Saoirse-Monica Jackson putting in a particularly good performance.