Snigglewix

(Long set-ups are for chads.)

GRAMS: CHILDREN'S TV INTRO/OUTRO MUSIC.

NARRATOR: Hello, boys and girls! It's Snigglewix - the special magical creature who helps children, no matter what their problem is.

SNIGGLEWIX: Hello!

NARRATOR: Let's see who she can help today!

GRAMS: CHILDREN'S TV BACKGROUND MUSIC.

TIMMY: (CRIES)

NARRATOR: Oh dear, Little Timmy is crying. I know who can help!

F/X: SNIGGLEWIX MAGICALLY APPEARS.

SNIGGLEWIX: Hello, Timmy!

TIMMY: Snigglewix! Oh, I'm sure glad to see you!

SNIGGLEWIX: And I'm sure glad to see you, Timmy! But you know what I'm not glad to see: Crying. Why are you crying, Little Timmy?

TIMMY: Oh, Snigglewix, I really, really, really want to be a musician and singer in the future, but all the children in school laugh at me when I tell them that.

SNIGGLEWIX: Oh, you shouldn't listen to those meanies. If you want to a singer and musician, be one!

TIMMY: Really?

SNIGGLEWIX: Yep! Follow your dreams, Timmy! No matter what, follooooow yoooouurr dreeeeeeaaaammms!

TIMMY: Hooray! I'm so happy now! So happy, I'd love to sing a song!

SNIGGLEWIX: And I'd wove to hear it!

TIMMY: OK. Here I go. (CLEARS THROATS. THEN THE WORST SINGING EVER) Baa Baa Black Sheep, Have you any wool? Yes, I have, Three bags full, One for the Master, One for the Dame, And one for the little boy, Who lives down the lane. (LAUGHS. BACK TO TALKING) Oh, that was so much fun.

SNIGGLEWIX: Erm... Hmm.

TIMMY: Now that you've reminded me how much fun I have making music and given me so much more confidence, I'm going to dedicate the whole rest of life to it.

SNIGGLEWIX: ...What?

TIMMY: And it's all thanks to you!

SNIGGLEWIX: Oh no, you really don't have to say that.

TIMMY: But it's true. So true. In fact, after every time I sing, I'll say to everyone, "I'm doing this because of Snigglewix. Just her. She's the one who's responsible for this." Everyone will know it.

SNIGGLEWIX: Oh... Great. Erm, Timmy, while you should follow your dreams - absolutely follow your dreams - you know what's super-duper important: Practice. Yes, if you want to be the best at anything, practice until you're perfect!

TIMMY: Oh, I agree. Always practice. Practice, practice, practice.

SNIGGLEWIX: Yes! Practice.

TIMMY: That's why I've been practising singing every day for the past six years.

SNIGGLEWIX: Ye... Six years?... And- And you're as good as... that?

TIMMY: Yes. Six years, three hours a day with paid classes. Oh, Mummy and Daddy were saying the classes are getting expensive and it's making it hard to pay for holidays, treats, rent and food, but if you think I should keep practising, then I'll keep going to them.

SNIGGLEWIX: Huh... Erm... You know... Considering you could do anything you put your mind to, maybe you could, if you want, consider doing something even more exciting than music?

TIMMY: Oh, like what?

SNIGGLEWIX: ...Working in IT.

TIMMY: Working in... what?

SNIGGLEWIX: IT. Information technology.

TIMMY: I don't know what that is. Is it like being a musician?

SNIGGLEWIX: Erm... well... Kind of... They both involve keyboards.

TIMMY: Oh... well, I don't-

SNIGGLEWIX: You really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really should do that instead. Really.

TIMMY: Well, maybe. But didn't you tell me earlier that I should follow my dreams?

SNIGGLEWIX: Erm, yes, yes, always follow your dreams, Timmy!

TIMMY: So, I should be a musician?

SNIGGLEWIX: Let me finish. Yes, you should always follow your dreams. It's just you should... change your dreams.

TIMMY: To... working in IT?

SNIGGLEWIX: To working in- Absolutely.

TIMMY: Ah... Well... if that's what you think.

SNIGGLEWIX: It is. It is. It is. It is.

TIMMY: I... guess then that's what I'll do.

SNIGGLEWIX: Fab-Dabby-dozy-doo! Happy to help, but now I must go - I have other children to help! Good luck in your adventure, Timmy! Byyeeeee!

GRAMS: CHILDREN'S TV INTRO/OUTRO MUSIC.

NARRATOR: And so, thanks to Snigglewix, when Timmy grew up, he became the Deputy IT Manager for a company that imported and exported office furniture. He married a more-or-less acceptable wife, they had two average children and lived adequately ever after. Good night!

I like that. Pity it was just too late for the last skit comp.

Cheers Gappy. Personally I don't feel like entering the comp (not that I have a problem with it).

Fair do's.

Yacob! I liked the setting but the conversation went on too long, I guess it would rely on the performances though?

I really like your animations, are you still doing them? Anyway, I imagined it in the style of those. So it was all there in my mind but it didn't make me laugh (oh, wow that sounds really brutal but I don't mean it like that).

Long set-ups are for chads, but with that in mind, it would been nicer to see more jokes on the page, rather than the Snigglewix reacting.

Snigglewix is a highly offensive term in the Snigereon community btw!

Edit: wow, this thread is from April, is this forum really that dead? 😢

Hi Lee

Cheers for reading and for your comments! This was me attempting to do something a bit character-based, hence the longer conversation.

I'm still making little cartoons but it's taking me a while. This latest one of mine was finished was over a year ago: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NenwQL6gMhg .

Quote: Lee @ 1st February 2023, 12:51 PM

Edit: wow, this thread is from April, is this forum really that dead? 😢

If even I can't enliven the forum with my transcendent material, yeah, it's doomed :).

Quote: Yacob Wingnut @ 2nd February 2023, 4:57 PM

I'm still making little cartoons but it's taking me a while. This latest one of mine was finished was over a year ago: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NenwQL6gMhg.

I'm glad to see you're still doing it and the fact that you seem to have moved into the world of "3D" is impressive. I opened the Blender software once and then deleted it as I had no idea what I was doing. I really liked this sketch, the camera movements were kind of trippy, were they timed with the rhythm of the dialogue? I have subscribed to your channel and look forward to seeing more.

Quote: Lee @ 8th February 2023, 1:03 PM

I'm glad to see you're still doing it and the fact that you seem to have moved into the world of "3D" is impressive. I opened the Blender software once and then deleted it as I had no idea what I was doing. I really liked this sketch, the camera movements were kind of trippy, were they timed with the rhythm of the dialogue? I have subscribed to your channel and look forward to seeing more.

Thanks again, Lee. Blender is a little daunting, partly because of all the options it gives you, but if you experiment with it, keep watching tutorials of it on youtube and google plenty of questions, eventually it makes sense (I still have lots of learn).

I timed the shots with the music rather than the dialogue (an odd choice for a comedy sketch, I suppose).

Eventually my new cartoon will be finished in a few months or so.

BTW, I sent this cartoon to someone high-up in the comedy world. She responded that she liked it and found it clever but didn't say anything about whether she found it funny or not. Whatever, I'll take compliments whenever I can get them :) .