Left, Right & Centre Page 2

Quote: beaky @ 10th April 2022, 9:33 AM

It'll sink without trace, like GB News.

It's improved a lot, and I quite often watch it weekend mornings and sometimes to see Neil Oliver, who seems to talk a lot of sense.

It's described by newspapers and othe news channels as extreme right wing or at least right wing because they play the national anthem before broadcasting.
I could understand it if they played the Horst Wessel Song.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 10th April 2022, 9:45 AM

It's described by newspapers and othe news channels as extreme right wing or at least right wing because they play the national anthem before broadcasting.
I could understand it if they played the Horst Wessel Song.

Ahh! That explains why they play "Deutschland Uber Alles" in between the weather and the news.

The Russian one, more like!

It does remind me of my favourite showbiz story. One episode of sitcom Up The Elephant and Round The Castle called for Davidson's character to be mugged. Davidson was so disliked by the crew, they has a whip round to pay the actor playing the mugger extra to punch Davidson for real. Apparently, once it happened, Davidson swore the actor would never work again. It was David Thewlis.

Quote: Sitcomfan64 @ 10th April 2022, 7:11 PM

It does remind me of my favourite showbiz story. One episode of sitcom Up The Elephant and Round The Castle called for Davidson's character to be mugged. Davidson was so disliked by the crew, they has a whip round to pay the actor playing the mugger extra to punch Davidson for real. Apparently, once it happened, Davidson swore the actor would never work again. It was David Thewlis.

I believe I've heard a different version of that, so not sure how true it is.

Apparently, once it happened, Davidson swore the actor would never work again. It was David Thewlis.

Well he must have been right. 'cos I've never heard of him.

Apparently, once it happened, Davidson swore the actor would never work again. It was David Thewlis.

Yes, I was going to ask "and did he?"

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 11th April 2022, 12:16 AM

Well he must have been right. 'cos I've never heard of him.

He's been in multiple award winning films, played Lupin in Harry Potter and written multiple novels. So, doing quite a bit better than Davidson, basically.

Quote: Sitcomfan64 @ 11th April 2022, 12:11 PM

He's been in multiple award winning films, played Lupin in Harry Potter and written multiple novels. So, doing quite a bit better than Davidson, basically.

Fair enough, still don't know him, even though you spoke of him "It was David Thewlis." as though he was someone really famous.

Film fans will have heatd of him.

Yeah, those who don't recognise the name David Thewlis will probably know him instantly from a google image search, he's a very familiar face and has cropped up in loads of things (most recently starring in Landscapers with Olivia Colman, which I haven't seen but has been advertised quite a bit).

IF that story's true, though, then conspiring (and actually having a whip-round) to have someone punched for real when they're expecting it to be a fake punch seems rather cruel, no matter who it is...

Quote: a plate @ 11th April 2022, 10:30 PM

Yeah, those who don't recognise the name David Thewlis will probably know him instantly from a google image search,.

The first thing I did, and still didn't know who he was.

Quote: a plate @ 11th April 2022, 10:30 PM

IF that story's true, though, then conspiring (and actually having a whip-round) to have someone punched for real when they're expecting it to be a fake punch seems rather cruel, no matter who it is...

Quite true. But remember, if you don't like someone it's ok.

There is supposed to be an outtake video of it but as yet has not surfaced anywhere.

I find it hard to believe anybody could ever dislike cheeky wife-beating Jim and his lovable Chalky White impression.