The show and episode of the "What woman?" bedroom scene?

Hi,

First time here. I've tried googling with no success about a certain bedroom sketch, possibly from the 70s-80s. If I remember correctly, it goes like this:
* wife walks into her marital bedroom
* discovers her husband in bed with another woman
* husband gets out of bed, denying the woman exists and gets dressed
* the other woman gets dressed and clears off, whilst the husband puts the room back perfectly, calmly denying everything
* the wife goes from shock, to anger, to bewilderment, to self-doubt that it ever happened, because all the evidence has evaporated but the memory of it, which the husband denies ever took place.

Sound familiar?

l

It's a portmanteau film - sixties I think.

Lot of famous names in it, which makes me think I'd like to see that, if only out of curiosity.

Sex romp "It's a Mad Mad..................."?

Nothing like as funny as "Mad, Mad"
Not helped by the guy who plays the mentor figure - who is very annoying.
I'm sure all concerned enjoyed their pay-cheques, though.

Quote: Lazzard @ 6th April 2022, 4:26 PM
l

It's a portmanteau film - sixties I think.

Thanks! Just found that scene - https://youtu.be/yN2gU0XU5FU - which is basically the same content and good, but I'm 99% certain there is a British version in a vintage comic sketch. My memory has the scene with English actors, filmed directly opposite the bed, possibly a filmed theatre scene.

Certainly not impossible. Could it be a special bit recreated for a Secret Policeman's Ball? Can you describe anything about the performers as you remember them?

Quote: gr1nch @ 6th April 2022, 6:29 PM

Thanks! Just found that scene - https://youtu.be/yN2gU0XU5FU - which is basically the same content and good, but I'm 99% certain there is a British version in a vintage comic sketch. My memory has the scene with English actors, filmed directly opposite the bed, possibly a filmed theatre scene.

Almost sounds like a Dave Allen sketch.