Email notifications

That's it! I have now tried every combination to stop these, but to no avail.

Please help. ?

They're unstoppable.

Have you unticked the "Email me when someone replies to a thread I've posted in" under details and settings in your account?

Quote: Lazzard @ 18th February 2022, 11:28 AM

They're unstoppable.

Yup

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 18th February 2022, 11:53 AM

Have you unticked the "Email me when someone replies to a thread I've posted in" under details and settings in your account?

And yup - made absolutely (it was ticked) no difference. AARON! ?

I tick every time and it seems to work. Or untick.

Quote: Chappers @ 18th February 2022, 9:49 PM

I tick every time and it seems to work. Or untick.

Yes, I can do that, BUT you shouldn't have to if you have unticked it in your settings.

The option in account settings is supposed to be the default for how we prompt you when you first come to a thread. Each individual thread can then override with its own setting.

As well as on replying, there should be a big 'Email me notifications'/'Stop...' at the top of each page of each thread.

It's possible that something has become corrupted though: Hercules, can you clarify both the setting at your account level and at least one specific thread you're having problems with? You are subscribed but wish to unsubscribe, yet it won't process the unsubscription. Have I understood that correctly?

I have unticked the box in my Settings, but still get this one in the bottom left hand, which I thought I shouldn't have to do, but if that is the case, then so be it.

There's so many in my email list I thought it was the Russians trying to hack me. It's made it impossible to see anything else, I've missed my monthly edition of Big & Bouncy. : [

The journal of fairground inflatables?

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 19th February 2022, 12:05 AM

I have unticked the box in my Settings, but still get this one in the bottom left hand, which I thought I shouldn't have to do, but if that is the case, then so be it.

I hope this might now be fixed...

Thank you - the last one I received was at 11.28, ALTHOUGH this posting still has the box ticked at the bottom right, as before. Am holding my breath.

Quote: Aaron @ 19th February 2022, 11:56 AM

I hope this might now be fixed...

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 19th February 2022, 12:08 PM

Thank you - the last one I received was at 11.28, ALTHOUGH this posting still has the box ticked at the bottom right, as before. Am holding my breath.

Totally confused .com................

Had this posted at 1:46 on the forum, in reply to my Saucy Postcard thread, with no email notification

Quote: billwill @ 19th February 2022, 1:46 PM

Not unless the 'Lady' was hiding behind the door all the time.

BUT this one, at 13.21, so some are still appearing in my email inbox

To clarify, I haven't changed your email subscriptions, just how the tick boxes controlling them work. You'll need to make whatever in/subscription choices you want yourself.

Quote: Aaron @ 19th February 2022, 11:16 PM

To clarify, I haven't changed your email subscriptions, just how the tick boxes controlling them work. You'll need to make whatever in/subscription choices you want yourself.

Not sure what you mean, Aaron - I thought if I unchecked the box in my settings for no notifications, that was global, and I wouldn't then receive any more, which ironically I have had tonight at 23:16 for this thread, and at the moment the box in the left/bottom is shown as ticked - so to double check with you, are you saying I still need to uncheck individual posts, even though I've unchecked them in my settings.
I know that sounds like going around the houses, but just want to double treble check. ?