Sitcom Writer Seeking Similar

Hi. I'm a sitcom creator and writer trying to get into the industry. I imagine like most I've got a lot of ideas and different scripts at various stages of development/completion.

This writing business can get lonely and I'm looking for a writing partner to bounce ideas off and create a sitcom/sitcoms together to pitch to production companies/enter into competitions etc. I would be open to creating something from scratch.

If you are in the same situation as me reply and we can discuss in DMs to see if we might be a good match.

Ideally someone in the Manchester area.

Thanks

Good luck, Bacup boy, and welcome to the Forum.

Hi there mate

My name is Luke and I'm the writer and creator of a comedy drama that currently sits the with the BBC's open call. I am potentially open to the possibility of a writing partner to help share the load. I have 3 projects on the go at the minute; the plotting of a dramady series (pilot is done) a feature film and a ten minute comedy short.
Would you like to send me your number and we can have a chat? I'd like to hear more about where you are at.
And a brucy bonus is that I'm from Manchester
Holla back at me

Luke

Backup is not Manchester but they do have a good fiesta

And you'd do well with Beaky on board but don't get your hopes up.

That's great Luke! The messages on here don't seem to be working and I'm not sure about putting my number on here publicly, but do you want to email me your number to captainjupiter@hotmail.co.uk. Thanks

Thanks Beaky, glad I found it.

And you're right Stephen, Bacup is Lancashire. I'm actually living in Fallowfield now, but I grew up in Bacup (the real Royston Vasey).

Do you mind me asking what you think of Brassic as that would be great indicator of your style.

I'm guessing you're asking that because it's partly filmed in Bacup haha. But unfortunately I haven't seen it (yet)

Thanks for getting back to me, I know its filmed around there so I wanted a local view on it. Good luck with your endeavours and I hope you find a partner that you gel with .

There's a surprising number of things filmed around there, I definitely need to get round to watching it. And thanks for that Teddy

I live in Liverpool and they have quiet well ruin film unit and loads of different types of locations as well. I would love to be able to watch one of my scripts come to life around places that I know . I hope that happens for you.

Hey, I just saw this.

I'm a sitcom / sketch writer person from Manchester too. I know it's really difficult to find someone to bounce ideas off but yeah if you ever need an extra pair of eyes I'd be happy to help out.

All the best,

Sean Fee

You're in good company, Rik Mayall and Adrian Edmondson met in Manchester.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 9th March 2022, 7:57 AM

You're in good company, Rik Mayall and Adrian Edmondson met in Manchester.

So did Ralf Ragnick and Ronaldo.

Drop me an email if you want Sean because messages don't seem to work on here: captainjupiter@hotmail.co.uk