Diamonds are for Trevor

SCENE JEWELLERS SHOP.
The Jeweller is putting large amounts of cash into a safe

A man walks in wearing a cat mask carrying a large rock

The jeweller sees the man and smiles then speaks fondly
JEWELLER
Hello,my names Trevor I own this shop how can help you?

CATMAN
Hello Trevor my names Mittens and I want to sell you this, it's the biggest diamond in the world and you're the biggest diamond expert in the world.

The man hands the rock to the jeweller

JEWELLER
Am I? Well, I do know quite a bit about them and its certainly heavy enough Mittens I'll give you that

CATMAN
And here's a letter off the queen.

The Catman puts a sheet of paper down, on it is written in block capitals

TREVOR THIS IS THE BEST DIAMOND IN THE WORLD AND I KNOW BECAUSE I'M THE QUEEN

The Jeweller reads it in awe and walks over to the safe and takes every banknote out of it and puts it on the counter

JEWELLER
You're in luck I've had the best St Valentines week ever, I'll give you half a million in cash!

The Catman shakes the jewellers, hand and then puts the money in a fold up bag he has in his pocket and leaves. As he does so he turns and smiles as he sees the jeweller holding the rock up to the light and smiling.

SCENE BLOCK OF FLATS
The Catman gets into the lift and takes his mask off and presses the button for the 12th floor

SCENE FLAT
A young man in a Starbucks uniform is sat at a table drinking vodka neat. There is a knock on the door and the young man speaks out nervously.

YOUNG MAN
Who is it?

VOICE
Its me open the door

The young man opens the door and the Catman comes in and looks at the empty vodka bottle. He then walks into the kitchen and puts the kettle on.

CATMAN
Where do you keep your coffee?

The young points to the cupboard as he speaks

YOUNG MAN
I don't want a coffee I'm around it all day

CATMAN
You're no good to me drunk

YOUNG MAN
It's my nerves, according to news on the web he gave you half a million

The Catman smiles as he gives the young man his coffee

CATMAN
He most certainly did

The young man drinks the coffee as he speaks

YOUNG MAN
So do I still get half? After all it was me who told you how much he loves cats and that he always talks about the Queen

CATMAN
And you were right

But the young man is clearly worried

YOUNG MAN
But what if he never finished the latte that I delivered? What if there's some left and they test it and find the LSD

CATMAN
Don't you worry they won't,

YOUNG MAN
But what if they do and they connect the dots, we could get years

CATMAN
We won't

YOUNG MAN
I wish I had your confidence, you're the cleverest person I know, but god your coffee takes awful

CATMAN
What about you, the dark horse

YOUNG MAN
What about me

CATMAN
Last week when you said you could fly and I never believed you and then you flew around the park.

YOUNG MAN
Yes that's right I did didn't I, that was amazing I love flying

CATMAN
Why don't you fly down to the shop and get some more vodka and we'll have a party!

YOUNG MAN
Brilliant idea I'll be two seconds

The young man walks out onto the balcony and dives off it. As he does so and the Catman goes into the kitchen and retrieves a small bottle marked Liquid LSD with a skull and cross bones logo from behind the kettle and puts it in his pocket and walks out the flat smiling.

Dark - I like it.

Thanks for the read of it Fasty and you're right it is a bit dark.

Good one! It started off so delightfully bizarre that I had to know what happened next.. and then the dark twist makes for an effective ending.

Thanks for the read of it and I'm glad you got hooked and shocked in one clip .