New Role (Animation)

Hello There

Animated comedy sketch I made:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NenwQL6gMhg

All comments, critiques, deaths threats welcome.

Kind Regards
Yac

I like the sketch concept a lot. I confess I found the camera pans and angles quite distracting, though.

Also, on a more minor note, although the building they were in looked really impressive, and I liked the introducing drone-cam style shot, it seemed a bit too grand a venue for the clearly shoddy enterprise going on inside.

To balance this, I loved the strange thick woollen texture of the agent's shirt, it was pleasingly odd.

Cheers Gappy

You're the second person to bring up the camera to me. Most people seem to be fine with it (I've asked them specifically about the camera) but maybe more people feel that way?

I have an urge to keep things visually interesting, hence the camera and the look of the office. Possibly I've gone too far with both.

Still new to 3D animation, still have lots to learn. If anyone has comments on the animation, script, music, voices, editing, anything else, I'd be happy to listen.

Don't get me wrong, the design and execution of the camerawork was great, but for me it just jarred a bit with this particular sketch, which is quite relaxed in pace, and relies on the stand-off between these 2 characters. But, I emphasise "for me" :)

Love the detail and textures , but can't see how this particular sketch benefits from the animation. Wouldn't the subtleties of the character's reactions be better played out in the flesh ? Nicely crafted though.

I'm impressed, having dabbled in the past - very professional, and agree the premises are too posh for such a dodgy enterprise. The "boss" I found disconcerting, but thought the actor was brilliantly portrayed.

Agreed - there was something about the character behind the desk that was a little unsettling. Enjoyed the script/ concept

Thanks to everyone who's commented. Nice when you think the comments have stopped and they suddenly start again.

Quote: Firkin @ 15th February 2022, 1:41 PM

Love the detail and textures , but can't see how this particular sketch benefits from the animation. Wouldn't the subtleties of the character's reactions be better played out in the flesh ? Nicely crafted though.

Fair point. This script was originally written as a sketch for radio (didn't send it to anyone) and I think writing for animation is a slightly different practice. If I were a better animator I could've done a better job with the facial expressions and it would've worked better. Oh well, practice makes perfect (though I'll settle for being adequate).

Would've been easier and less time-consuming to film the bloody thing. If anyone has decent camera equipment and wants to collaborate, hit me up (as the kids most definitely don't say).

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 15th February 2022, 2:32 PM

I'm impressed, having dabbled in the past - very professional, and agree the premises are too posh for such a dodgy enterprise. The "boss" I found disconcerting, but thought the actor was brilliantly portrayed.

I was more concerned with the making the office look interesting rather than accentuating the dodginess of the Agent. Not saying it was the right choice, just saying where' my head was.

Quote: Lazzard @ 15th February 2022, 6:40 PM

Agreed - there was something about the character behind the desk that was a little unsettling. Enjoyed the script/ concept

I was little unsure of the direction to go with the Agent's design. I eventually settled on giving him handsome features while still being somewhat ugly. Maybe making him conventionally handsome would've been a better choice.

So many decisions to make while animating. So many possible ways to screw up. AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH! :)