All-new British Comedy Guide Page 3

Oh poo.........

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 18th February 2022, 11:18 AM

That's it! I have now tried every combination to stop these, but to no avail.

Please help. ?

Our old graphic emoticons have now been restored, although we'll not be providing the old list of them to click and use just yet. :)

page not working message on every thread

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 24th February 2022, 8:26 PM

page not working message on every thread

I broke it. Now fixed. Obviously.

Quote: Aaron @ 18th February 2022, 11:41 PM

Emoticons. They've gone (for the moment at least), but may return. In the meantime you can use emojis.

They're obviously standard on moving device keyboards, and on Windows you can access them by pressing the Windows key and full stop at the same time.

What's the difference?

Anyway I couldn't find either.

The difference is that emoticons are graphics, whereas emojis are special text characters.

If you are using Windows 10 or 11, you can access emojis by holding down the Windows button and pressing the full stop to open the emoji panel. ?

?

Quote: Aaron @ 25th February 2022, 6:20 PM

The difference is that emoticons are graphics, whereas emojis are special text characters.

If you are using Windows 10 or 11, you can access emojis by holding down the Windows button and pressing the full stop to open the emoji panel. ?

Quote: Chappers @ 25th February 2022, 7:26 PM

?

I'm surprised that wasn't too technical for you. ?

On the main page 'Active Threads' All I see in the top right corner is this -

I have tried 'refresh but it's still the same.

If I click on one of the little squares it goes to another page with the proper graphics showing (a magnifying glass and a little man)

Anyone else?

Thought you'd like to know Aaron.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 7th April 2022, 8:27 AM

I have tried 'refresh but it's still the same.

If I click on one of the little squares it goes to another page with the proper graphics showing (a magnifying glass and a little man)

Anyone else?

Thought you'd like to know Aaron.

Yes, which is what I've got, but you then need to click on the "More" button, which will take you to this menu, with the Message Board link
I thought you were technically gifted and I was the IT challenged one

Must be something to do with all that cold weather you have oop north, freezing the brain

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 7th April 2022, 8:27 AM

Thanks for flagging this, Stephen. Very odd. Could you have a bit of a browse around the rest of the site and list out for me if you see it on any other pages?

Quote: Aaron @ 7th April 2022, 10:07 AM

Thanks for flagging this, Stephen. Very odd. Could you have a bit of a browse around the rest of the site and list out for me if you see it on any other pages?

Now I:m confused, as I thought I'd answered his query - there being nowt wrong.

It's just this page, all the rest show it ok.

i presume the little squares signify missing graphics.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 7th April 2022, 4:19 PM

It's just this page, all the rest show it ok.

i presume the little squares signify missing graphics.

Sort of. It seems some of the styling isn't loading properly - but it's really odd it is only affecting one single page.

As it is only the one page, and no one else either, it suggests the cache in your web browser has become corrupted and needs to be reset.

The method of doing this will depend on what browser you're using, so Google something like "BROWSERNAME clear browser cache". You should be able to wipe just the temporary files without removing cookies or anything else. Hopefully, if you then visit the page again, all will download completely afresh and work correctly.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 7th April 2022, 3:58 PM

Now I:m confused, as I thought I'd answered his query - there being nowt wrong.

He's talking specifically about those two little icons in the top right of the page not showing up, but rendering as plain squares. If you're receiving the same thing on any page, try clearing the cache as above. But I think you misunderstood and are talking about using the menu to navigate the site and getting into the forums. :-)

I'll get me coat........................ ?