Funny cartoons Page 25

Of course technically speaking, the reverse would be true.

Quote: beaky @ 26th July 2022, 8:43 PM

Did I tell you my Bill Tidy story? He's not backward in coming forward, as they say in the North, and he collared Ian Hislop at a Private Eye party and proceeded to lead him around, towering over him, telling him where he was going wrong with the magazine and how he should put it to rights. The expression of boredom and fury on Hislop's face was a picture. It was around this time that Tidy was aiming to resurrect Punch, with him as editor, which came to nothing. He thinks very highly of himself.

Very interesting, and sounds about right as he did appear to be a bit of a big head whenever he was on television

A cartoonist friend of mine is infamous for swimming naked in the shark tank at Brighton Sealife Centre.

Guy Venables, a lovely guy but slightly deranged.

He must be insane

What most worried him wasn't the sharks, but that his dick looked small because of the cold.

I love him dearly.

Quote: beaky @ 29th July 2022, 11:56 AM

What most worried him wasn't the sharks, but that his dick looked small because of the cold.

Were the sharks laughing and pointing a fin at him?

Quote: beaky @ 29th July 2022, 9:16 AM

Guy Venables

This is my all-time favourite cartoon (regardless of cartoonist). I love it s-o-o-o much. It's by Guy Venables and as soon as I saw it, I got the Larkin reference and thought it was cute and quite funny but two seconds later, the full impact of the real joke hit me and I thought 'Wow! That is really really clever'.

Quote: beaky @ 29th July 2022, 11:56 AM

Here you are beaky, and I swear I didn't seek it out - it just happened to be in the new batch I found of cartoonist Whyatt

Two consecutive brilliant cartoons!

You're spoiling us, Mr Ambassador!

One for Aaron.................

?

Like Tim Whyatt. Gary Larson (Farside) is old enough to be his father, makes you wonder... There's a famous Australian Gary Larson (rugby player) born the same year as Whyatt, just saying... is this how conspiracy theories start ?