To Dorothy, A Son (1954)

"Cash On Delivery" Yank title

I was intrigue to find out how the brassy, loud American blonde bombshell Shelley Winters finished up in a film with British stalwarts such as John Gregson, Charles Hawtrey, Alfie Bass, Joan Sims, Joan Hickson, Campbell Singer, Peggy Cummins, Wilfrid Hyde-White, Meredith Edwards, Maurice Kaufmann and of all people Nicholas Parsons, in a so called comedy set in an English village. The last three actors only had uncredited parts and Hawtrey, Bass and Sims were only in it briefly.

Not a big fan of John Gregson, and I don't know why, but stuck with this over long unfunny film with a ridiculous plot, but there you go.

I just had to be brave for Beaky's sake.

Can't be arsed to explain it, so here's the IMDb blurb:-

Under a complicated bequest from her uncle, Myrtle stands to inherit $2,000,000 if her ex-husband doesn't have any male heirs on the way, else he gets the cash. She journeys from New York to England, and finally tracks him down with his heavily pregnant new wife. Should she try and woo him back or challenge the legality of the new marriage?

Your bravery will be rewarded in Heaven, Herc.

Forgot to mention, it had some great cars in it, like an Austin-Healey 2 seater sports that Shelley drove around in, a Sunbeam-Talbot 90 Drophead and a glimpse of an American Plymouth Cambridge