What's your favourite sitcom?

As the title says, what is your favourite sitcom? I think you can all tell by now that My Family is my favourite sitcom (and I'm so glad that BBC 1 is repeating it again!), and I am also a massive super fan of that sitcom!

Really. You should have put multiple posts up so we'd be sure.

Laughing out loud

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 16th September 2021, 8:30 AM

Really. You should have put multiple posts up so we'd be sure.

I have?

Quote: Jacky @ 16th September 2021, 11:42 AM

I have?

It gets better

30 All - Goodlad to serve

Your turn Stephen :D

Anything that's on the same time as My Family.

Quote: fasty @ 16th September 2021, 1:10 PM

Anything that's on the same time as My Family.

:D We are in accord.

I mostly enjoy the sitcoms of the 1960s and 70s.

Quote: Aaron @ 17th September 2021, 12:09 AM

I mostly enjoy the sitcoms of the 1960s and 70s.

Cool, which ones do you like the best? I have a few 60s and 70s BBC sitcoms on DVD/Blu ray

The Rag Trade is a particular favourite. George & The Dragon. Most of the big Thames shows of the 70s are winners: Bless This House, Man About The House, George & Mildred.

The Young Ones.
Young Ones, The.
Young Ones.
(The) Young Ones
Any sitcom written in 1982 - 84 by Ben Elton, Rik Mayall and Lise Mayer
Young Ones (The).
Yesterday I found some Bottom on Youtube. It is, in the words of Sylvia Plath, total shit and I can't people people love it so much. But so what? The Sun outsells The Bell Jar.
PS The Young Ones

Quote: Michael Monkhouse @ 20th September 2021, 11:41 AM

It is, in the words of Sylvia Plath, .................................

How much money is this woman's family paying you?

She'd be nowhere without my support.
PS Fawlty Towers. And The Inbetweeners. And Nathan Barley deserved more attention.

Still Game. Very funny, with well defined characters. This show is criminally underrated.

Porridge.

Every episode is a classic. The writing is brilliant, the acting, is fantastic. The cast is top notch and top quality and everything gels together perfectly.

The episode A Night In is probably my favourite one, I don't think you could get away with an episode like that in many sitcoms, but it worked perfectly here, due to the writing, the acting and the talents of both Richard and Ronnie.