Buffering

Did anybody else watch this? ITV2 at 10PM on a Thursday doesn't scream confidence, but it made me laugh. Iain was the dullest character but I enjoyed the ensemble around him, especially Janine Harouni and Jessie Cave.

Yes, I liked this much more than some recent-ish shows! Made me laugh, which many don't.

Particular recognition to Harouni indeed. Funny character and great performance with some wonderful nuances and traits.

The flatshare element of it actually felt most interesting and appealing to me. I know the focus is more on that 20-something stage of life, but I do hope there's more around the group/domesticity.

I watched only 2/3 of 1st episode, noticed that there was so many food eating scenes. This or that, in small packs or on plates or drinks, etc.

I really like Sterling's Love Island commentary (he's one of the main reason for its success) but I found this distinctly underwhelming. I didn't hate it, but I'm not sure I'll be watching again.

20 minutes, clicked through to the scheduler and *delete*. Maybe I'm too old, but I enjoyed Stirling on Taskmaster.

Genuinely... one of the worst sitcoms I've seen. From a writing, directing and acting perspective. The script is apalling, the direction is all over the place and the acting is... well, I'll let them off a tad because I'm presuming they're just following orders.

The show has so many problems it's hard to focus on one but okay, the dialogue is terribly unrealistic to the point where the characters don't seem to resemble real people as their reactions and sentences they utter sound almost alien-like. You'll have exposition crowbarred to f**k in one scene, followed by muted reactions to genuinely worrying stuff. Such as one of the flatmates being mentally ill. She's mentally ill because she believes her dead former boss is haunting her by calling her a 'pillock' on Scrabble. Now, if you wanna include that in your show - then fine... but by God have your other characters react accordingly to that. They can't just shrug their shoulders like they do in this. The world doesn't feel real. The characters don't feel real. And when neither do, nothing is funny or interesting in your show.

The lead Iain... literally has no character, apart from he seems to have an unfunny answer for everything. There's no heart, there's no likeability, there's a souless mannequin wandering around spouting really really meh material.

The show should have cut down on characters as it doesn't have the skilled writing or direction to perform an Arrested Development fast paced 22 minute show with as many characters as they have.

All this sitcom proves is that when you're 'in' the industry, you can produce incredibly shoddy work and it will get made.

Surely the twenty somethings flat share idea has been done to death?