The Chase tea time quiz show.

I think it should have its own thread because -

1. Paul Sinha is a stand up comedian
2. Bradley Walsh is ... Bradley Walsh
3. The others can be very funny at times especially Shaun Wallace - the Dark Destroyer who I find brilliant.

I watch it most evenings and am surprised at some people's tactics.

I got bored with it. The same old, as with that other load of toss - the aptly named Pointless, Sleepy

They keep my mind (almost) active though.

Umm yes, good for that maybe and they do give me hints for OC questions (currently hooked on House of Games - 'spect I'll tire of that at some point); but I don't think you can beat a hard cryptic crossword for brain exercises.

I find online chess is marvellous for exercising the brain.

Quote: beaky @ 31st July 2021, 10:28 AM

I find online chess is marvellous for exercising the brain.

The chess prog. I have on this PC I play now and then, but rarely (never) win, but what I like to do, is when it gets me in a corner and the end looks inevitable, I switch players and watch it struggle to get out of the situation - mean bastard me. I almost feel sorry for the computer. Pirate

Cunning devil!

Never pass you idiots. It doesn't save anything like in Mastermind. Guess! Also watch your team mates because they might know.

Well it had to happen at some point.

Watching last week and the contestant said Pass - and it was the correct answer.

Dark Destroyer destroyed. By himself, admittedly. Good episode, though.

I'm not sure televised suicide is a good idea...

Quote: chipolata @ 23rd May 2023, 6:20 PM

Dark Destroyer destroyed. By himself, admittedly. Good episode, though.

He was unbelievably awful!

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 30th July 2021, 10:56 PM

I got bored with it. The same old, as with that other load of toss - the aptly named Pointless, Sleepy

One of the contestants was from Cardiff and was a Manure supporter (!) who said his favourite game was the Champions League final when they beat Chelsea. The chaser, Shaun Wallace, a Chelsea supporter, said there was no contestant he'd rather beat than this one and he really looked serious about and angry when the bloke got through.

I agreed with him.

Quote: Chappers @ 21st November 2023, 5:22 PM

a Manure supporter (!)

Stenhouse?