Up the Clique Without a Paddle

League of Gentlemen League

League of Gentlemen Cup

H2H League

BCG Clique League

British Comedy Guide League

Manager of the Month

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 14th May 2022, 4:35 PM

Edit: I found it thanks. I see I beat the mighty Don in the last round.... Up the Goodboys.

Good darts, pal.

Thank you. And with luck and a following wind, I'll be in the Cup Final.

The Leicester boys did me and Alf a good turn this week.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 14th May 2022, 11:14 AM

Thanks Herc. I started the game week 31 points behind Anton and finished it 70 points in front of him. I can't complain about that, although to be honest I did expect to get a bit more - around 200. My parade has been well and truly rained on by the freakish De Bruyne result, but you can't have everything. This game is always two or three steps forward, one back.

Stonking end to the season. Well done!

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 14th May 2022, 11:14 AM

My advice this week is sell Fernandes and buy Son.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 14th May 2022, 3:11 PM

Thank you G, but I'd already used my Free, so Son has cost me 4, and I've given him the armband over Salah, who I've lost faith in again.

You will be hearing from my solicitor, if your advice is proven to be incorrect.

You little liar, and I'll get you after..............then you'll be hearing from my solicitors Rushmore, Rushmore & Kipper

:)

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 16th May 2022, 8:30 AM

Thank you. And with luck and a following wind, I'll be in the Cup Final.

Win it and you play me in the League of Gentlemen Community Shield.

Up the Goodies! I'll have me rattle in me hand, Stephen

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 14th May 2022, 9:42 PM

Even if you do say so yourself

Do you disagree?

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 14th May 2022, 9:42 PM

*Shows highlight reel of Godot's reaction to other peoples luck in this and previous seasons runs out of Asterisks
And I'm not just talking about when his account get's hacked by supervillains or he forgets that he hasn't played his Wildcard, or when the season starts

I genuinely don't get this. Are you saying that because it's luck I shouldn't feel annoyed when it goes against me? That's the human condition. People expect a certain distribution when chance is involved. When the distribution is weighted heavily towards good or bad it can seem unfair. There are phrases that acknowledge this - like 'rub of the green'. If you're just saying I've been a knob over people's jammy scores - well, yeah!

Regarding being hacked - it feels worse than you'd think. It's a personal violation, even if it's a small one and an online one. And it cost me a Free Hit chip. The value of that can be seen in the high scores of Kipper, Anton and yourself this week.

Quote: ContainsNuts @ 16th May 2022, 10:11 AM

Stonking end to the season. Well done!

Thanks Anton, but it was just luck and all my picks were obvious apart from Buendia.

I don't get any of it.

I am by far at the highest point in the 9 million plus table that I have been all season and yet I have dropped down in this stuff.

It's making me question again whether man did walk on the moon.

In the dying embers, it is almost a relief to drop Salah, and I'm still determined to stay off the bottom!

It's a challenge to myself, and there maybe a gong in it for me acknowledging my tenacity and spunk.

And the League of Gentlemen cup final on Sunday is between GoodboysAFC and Uproar and Turmoil.

It's expected to be a thriller with at least 2 spectators watching. (me n Dan)

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 21st May 2022, 9:49 AM

And the League of Gentlemen cup final on Sunday is between GoodboysAFC and Uproar and Turmoil.

It's expected to be a thriller with at least 2 spectators watching. (me n Dan)

I was robbed.

Quote: don rushmore @ 15th May 2022, 2:34 AM

Gold/Silver/Bronze still available in:

Up the Clique Without a Paddle

League of Gentlemen League

League of Gentlemen Cup

H2H League

BCG Clique League

British Comedy Guide League

Manager of the Month

Don, the only league that is valid is 'Up the Clique' because it's the only one we're all in. Otherwise we could all create a league and be the winner.

The prizes are

League winner's cup

H2H trophy
Funny Pic trophy
Best Gag trophy
Punditry trophy

Wanker of the season

All are still open until FT on Sunday.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 14th May 2022, 10:29 AM

I did vote initially as you know but you then pointed out that I needed to put all 25 suggestions in preferred order rather than just my first choice, which I hadn't appreciated. That is a rather onerous task (even Eurovision doesn't ask its juries to do that) - especially if one approaches it with due consideration rather than just cut & pasting at random - and it's been a busy few weeks for me, what with Newmarket, Chester & York.

If you couldn't read and write I would believe you, but you obviously can so pease don't take the piss. Ranking 25 puns in order takes 10 minutes. There are hundreds of miles between the racecourses you've mentioned. Are you seriously telling me you can't spare a few minutes on the train or driving to chose a name for the League you've been in all season?

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 14th May 2022, 10:29 AM

I was intending to sort it out this coming week but it seems I've missed the deadline (I don't believe you gave a closing date)

Please spare me your disingenuousness. I wasn't born yesterday. You get a couple of free pops at me but you used yours up a while ago.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 14th May 2022, 2:35 PM

Talking of the League of Gentlemen, I see we've now reached the semi-finals of the cup.

The League you've been asked by Kipper and me at least five times to delete. The league of which you said: "Clearly we don't want two identical leagues running concurrently." (p12) and the league you've admitted you keep running to undermine the authority of the actual league; "I will keep it active for the moment so that those who are "booted" from the main league will have somewhere to continue to compete." (p15)

You can't have your cake and eat it. If you want to be in the Clique League next season you need to delete The League of Gentlemen after tomorrow's final. Anyone in The League of Gentlemen next season will be suspended until they leave if you don't delete it.

Picture prize -

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/M/MV5BZTkxZGEzOGItYjFjZi00NWFlLThiODQtNGI2MzM5NmU1MmJmXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjc0ODQ0NzM@._V1_.jpg

Best gag -

My dog has no nose.

How does he smell?

Bloody awful.

Punditry prize - Every times I looks at Lampard's face or hear him talks, I have to gos and pukes in the nearest dustbins.