BCG Fantasy Premier League 2021/22 Page 89

Take mine as democratic abstention because I like the current league name. I didn't see any in the proposed list that I preferred. That and I couldn't do the fiddly cut and paste thing.

There's always long-hand ya lazy sod.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 11th May 2022, 11:34 PM

it looked to me, at a rough guess. "The Gents" won by a couple of shakes, and so must be declared the winner - thank you very much. ?

No-one won, because we didn't have a representative vote.

For what it's worth 'The Gents' was fifth when I abandoned counting.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 12th May 2022, 7:55 AM

Take mine as democratic abstention because I like the current league name.

Well, you've 'voted' twice and that's the first time you've expressed that sentiment.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 12th May 2022, 7:55 AM

I didn't see any in the proposed list that I preferred.

There were some shite ones and some pretty good ones. You could submit your own - just saying...

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 11th May 2022, 3:39 PM

Up to 3153K in GW rank, which is mind-blowing, but I'll drop a fair bit tonight if City get a clean sheet or the Milky Bar kid scores - as many have captained.

Well, I wasn't wrong!

3,153 before last night's games and 237,510 afterwards. That's a drop of two hundred and thirty four THOUSAND places... mostly courtesy of one red-faced, strawberry-haired waffle-eating man; Kevin De Bruyne.

If I was a City fan I'd probably like him, but I'm not, so I find watching him chugging up and down the pitch like a concussed squaddie mildly reflux inducing.

There are lots of good footballers who don't fit the profile of 'elite athlete', but most of them can at least change direction once they've started running and do more with the ball than just kick it in a straight line very slowly.

All the Nimrods online are banging on about how they had the armband on him "all week" and "switched at the last minute" - well, if you had the armband on De Bruyne this game week you're an idiot, because him putting four past Wolves (and nearly scoring a fifth) was the least ordained thing on the planet. He's never even scored a hattrick before last night.

To be honest I'm always surprised when he starts for City as I expect him to have a note from his mum, the fat, red-faced twat.

I did swap a couple of the team names over after copying and pasting
but putting 25 Clique puns into order is quite an arduous task
Just call it the BCG Clique league and be done with it

Horseradish has all the same players as me tonight plus a couple more so no more gap closing tonight.
Will have a look at what's happening in week 37 and make one final push for a Champions league spot, though my chances are slim

Especially now Kane has scored

It was almost as if Rob Holding was trying to work himself a transfer to Leeds tonight.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 12th May 2022, 8:01 PM

I did swap a couple of the team names over after copying and pasting

That's true, you did. You changed the first two names to ones you created. ?

but putting 25 Clique puns into order is quite an arduous task

Try counting the votes using the preferential votes system.

Just call it the BCG Clique league and be done with it

Nah.

Lazzard and Dan contributed names, as well as practically everyone else. I think it's a nice little idea. Standard could've been a bit higher though...

Horseradish has all the same players as me tonight plus a couple more so no more gap closing tonight. Will have a look at what's happening in week 37 and make one final push for a Champions league spot, though my chances are slim

You've still got your Free Hit chip. Radish is chipped out.

Quote: don rushmore @ 1st May 2022, 6:28 PM

Has Holding ever been booked for holding?

Yes I was joking by putting my ones at the top
But please don't use any as I don't think they are any good either

But in all seriousness thank you for administering the league this season Godot.
It's definitely a thankless task so I'll take back the thanks I gave you a sentence ago

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 12th May 2022, 11:27 PM

Yes I was joking by putting my ones at the top
But please don't use any as I don't think they are any good either

But in all seriousness thank you for administering the league this season Godot.
It's definitely a thankless task so I'll take back the thanks I gave you a sentence ago

? It's harder work than it looked last year when Kipper was doing it. Sadly the forum going down for a few months spoiled some of the plans I had - which is probably a good thing.

I think it's been better than if no-one had administered it, which may be the best we can hope for.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 12th May 2022, 8:44 PM

It was almost as if Rob Holding was trying to work himself a transfer to Leeds tonight.

Billy, is there any reason why you didn't vote in the league naming competition? With your contribution we could've been quorate and got a representative vote out. You posted all through my reminders so I don't think you saying you were unaware is credible.

Thank you for your enquiries.

Yes I can confirm that I had two extra ones but I am all chipped out.

WOW!! 170!! Well done Godot..........

Me? Up and down like a whore's draws - off the bottom again for a second time in as many weeks. Yes, typical - my team with bench boost did nearly 100 points short of yours.

Yeah, some feat that.

Very little escapes my attention.

I have just realised that Godot Taxis is an anagram of "Is tax goodt?"

Mae e'n cadw draenog yn ei boced.

I do hope he is an avoider and not an evader.

But as for the 170, no. That one has evaded me.

I can't for the life of me see what people are talking about.

Is there another version of this league of which I should be made aware?

A ddwg wy a ddwg fwy.