BCG Fantasy Premier League 2021/22 Page 47

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 16th October 2021, 8:43 AM

I'm guessing all had sons who played for England - Tim, Clive, Mark and Nigel. But I'm not sure any played in the PL. Maybe Nigel, just.

Not sure about playing for England but certainly all were top flight footballers who had sons who also played top flight football.

I don't bother about the distinction between the old 1st division and the PL. I'm not one of those who thinks football only started in 1992.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 2nd October 2021, 1:42 PM

Y'all weakened the rest of your team to fit the Portuguese wonder boy in.

Guilty, but have taken your lead Stephen by changing him for Vardy, hoping he's as sparky as a Varta.

** And pocketed £2 million +

Sticking with Ronaldo again as he'd got a point to prove. Moved the captaincy over to Salah - about two game week's too late...

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 16th October 2021, 7:06 AM

I'm not sure why Horse would need a reprieve ...

Very low bar if that post qualifies.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 16th October 2021, 8:13 AM

Off to Ascot now.

Billy Bunter - bookmakers' pal.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 16th October 2021, 8:54 AM

Not sure about playing for England but certainly all were top flight footballers who had sons who also played top flight football.

I don't bother about the distinction between the old 1st division and the PL. I'm not one of those who thinks football only started in 1992.

Yes all the sons played for England (haven't checked but still sure). Maybe all the dads too but I'd have to check. If Brian didn't then he defo should've. Great goal record.

Nor am I but I thought you were trying to sneak in a qualifying post in unison with the Radish.

Quote: don rushmore @ 16th October 2021, 9:28 AM

Very low bar if that post qualifies.

Well, for a marathon 38 gameweeks and even more actual weeks I would expect some bar bending to be done.

Billy Bunter - bookmakers' pal.

He's already tied up the super 6 league so now he's got more time for the GGs.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 16th October 2021, 7:06 AM

I'm not sure why Horse would need a reprieve because all four players referenced here played in the PL, and the FPL in some form was running way back in the 90s when most if not all these players were still in the PL. So surely this is a post on Classic FPL, Horseradish is providing the posting equivalent ITV Football Classics which entertained us through the lockdown. Well done Horse.

Thank you very much.

I'm glad to see that at least someone appreciates my historical knowledge.

And the fact that any time in the here and now is just an illusion.

(For the record, on 27 November I will celebrate my half century anniversary of attending my first ever football match : Arsenal 2 Crystal Palace 1 : when I walked in I was bizarrely dressed in a Chelsea shirt and a pink twinkle toes fairy dress : 90 minutes later I had a skinhead haircut, brown bovver boots and tattoos on my neck. Plus for the next seven years I was the only boy in my school who stank of big testosterone)

Ominous we haven't heard from Godot for 10 days now. I hope he is OK. :(

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 17th October 2021, 10:53 AM

Ominous we haven't heard from Godot for 10 days now. I hope he is OK. :(

He's probably making plans for our birthdays which are on the same day as each others others December time. They are now only just over two little months away.

Does anyone know where I can buy fuzzy felt? I want to makes some mices from it for my Xmas mas tree. I only need pink, black and white but it must be proper fuzzy.

That's pink for the little mouses themselves. Black and white for their lovely little Newcastle shirts and a Toon coloured Arabian headgear for their little stripy bonces.

I posted here and then forgot to do anything to my actual team. Typical.

Dan

Quote: swerytd @ 17th October 2021, 3:09 PM

I posted here and then forgot to do anything to my actual team. Typical.

Dan

Good :P I like a man who gives other fellows a chance to drag themselves off the bottom of the league - that's jolly sporting of you Dan. :)

Smashed by an AWL Godot in the H2H and dropping into the clutches of a waiting Herc in the league, yet i thought i had a nice balance in the team. I am being murdered by 1's and 2's!

Sorry but which side do we stick it on?

Is it Don's?

I'm a bit new to this chimes stuff.

Quote: playfull @ 17th October 2021, 9:50 PM

Smashed by an AWL Godot in the H2H and dropping into the clutches of a waiting Herc in the league, yet i thought i had a nice balance in the team. I am being murdered by 1's and 2's!

What does AWL stand for ?

Angry Weird and Lairy?

It should have been AWOL or to give it it's full name - AWOLOASCFDR - absent without leave or a signed chit from Don Rushmore.

So many with Salah as Captain this week scoring 26 points that if you didn't have him you were likely to fall badly behind.
In the H2H I had the pleasure of kicking Don's arse too. Buck up Rushmore, we don't want any more embarrassing results like this.