Euros 20/21 Page 8

Thank you for getting back on topic

Some great interplay by Belgium for the winning goals
who knew Lukaku could dribble past a couple of players, he definitely used to be a bit of a donkey the few times I bought him for my FFL team

And I loved Gareth Bales determination to make a goal after Nausing up the penalty
He plays like he's out in the park when he wants to, and has an inbuilt feel about where a byline is and how to use space let alone wonderful touch and vision
(still didn't buy him for my BCG FFL team this season as his motivation was questionable and i had another title to win)

Big one tomorrow though England v Scotland
I missed that goal by Gazza at the time so are hoping they show a repeat of it some time tomorrow

Also
I am not overconfident about England tomorrow
I know on paper that they have the better players, but it's never like that when it comes down to it against Scotland
Especially with the Scots needing it more
It will be tense, but hopefully not for long if a bit of luck goes England's way

I've put a bet on a Scotland win and a draw
both generous odds if you ask me, but it was just to jinx them as I'm quite the bad gambler

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 17th June 2021, 11:47 PM

Also
I am not overconfident about England tomorrow

It'll be tense.

Also
I am not overconfident about England tomorrow....

That's because "Sunshine" and "England" have never been comfortable bedfellows. I wanted Scotland to beat the Czech Republic, but bet against them so either way I wasn't disappointed. I don't think the English players are overly superstitious, it might be cloudy with patches of sunshine but England will breeze it. This is the only game I don't want Scotland to win.

both generous odds if you ask me, but it was just to jinx them as I'm quite the bad gambler

I'm not a betting man, as I've just proved by floundering around on the PaddyPower site, but seem to have matched the bets you've made Steve, because I too am effin' useless at backing a winner and hope my voodoo jinx will work. When I used play the wheel back in the 70s I had a skill where if there was a choice of two, I'd pick the wrong one - red/black odd/even or whatever, so me betting on Scotland to win should give it to England.

I wasn't going to copy you with the draw bet, but in the confusion I placed to lots of £10 with PP and so thought I would use all the £20 up.

I don't know what odds you got of course, but with them, if Scotland win I get £100 and £55 for a draw. Now my brain hurts and I'm done betting again for another 50 years. :(

I worry about this match.
England don't half pick their moments to have a mare of game.
Praying this isn't one of them.

Sweden Pen.
Been pretty even so far,
Nicely taken! - Slovakia are going to have to throw everything at it now.
Bloody school run in a minute. Damn.

I may have a look at the Paddy Power site
They usually give new joiners a bonus of some kind and their bet builder bets sound like a bit of fun

Quote: Lazzard @ 18th June 2021, 3:32 PM

Bloody school run in a minute. Damn.

You should get them to make their own way home. When I was at school blah blah blah!

Incidentally I don't know if I'm getting overdosed on football or it's after all the excitement regarding Sutton United, but the last 2 evenings I've switched off at just after half time for the late games,

And regarding Croatia v the Czechs they're all having trouble keeping on their feet and the ref is being conned like anything.

Quote: Chappers @ 18th June 2021, 6:41 PM

And regarding Croatia v the Czechs they're all having trouble keeping on their feet and the ref is being conned like anything.

That was never a penalty, either.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 18th June 2021, 5:30 PM

I may have a look at the Paddy Power site
They usually give new joiners a bonus of some kind and their bet builder bets sound like a bit of fun

Yeah, I think they give you a £40 credit IF you open an account with them, but not being a gambler anymore, I wanted this to be a one off and so paid by PayPal.

Most of the refs I've seen are very good. Not being conned.
It adds to the enjoyment when a footballer goes down and rolls and looks for the ref.
Only to find he and the rest are up the other end of the pitch.

I forgot the match was on now, so I guess I'll try to find an illicit stream to watch while I'm on the elliptical.

I guess I'll be pulling for England, but I see there's at least one Villan on the Scotland side.

Mcginn plays for Villa

Scored a great goal in the final qualifiers