Euros 20/21 Page 3

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 13th June 2021, 11:09 AM

I'm wondering if Southgate will play the full ten defenders at his disposal tonight

FYI It's at 2.00 pm - not this evening.
For some reason I 'd made the same assumption.

Kalvin Phillips man of the match for me - pencilling him in for next season's BCG FPL. Loved his hair-do.

Good victory.
Kane not in it really.

Ukraine looking like the Wimbledon team who won the FA Cup. Can't see the map on their shirts though.

Good match, though, eh?

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 13th June 2021, 4:17 PM

Kalvin Phillips man of the match for me - pencilling him in for next season's BCG FPL. Loved his hair-do.

And me. He has a very calm unruffled way of playing, like Ray Wilkins but with a bit more attacking intent if he's given that more forward role. Well done Southgate, I was honestly expecting him to play Hendo Knackers Easy.

We never looked like losing but tbh we never looked like doing more than nicking it either, we'll need a lot more cutting edge against the Frances and Italys. I get terrified every time we get dragged into extra time with the dreaded penalty shootout looming. Teary

Kalvin Phillips is a brilliant player. He's doing for England what he does for Leeds Utd. The new Beckham perhaps.

A few players were not at 100% last night but it's rare a full team are.
The passing was superb and that alone will take them far.

Roll on Friday against Scotland. Their supporters hate England and cheer for any team against us.
'see you sweaties.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 14th June 2021, 7:58 AM

Kalvin Phillips is a brilliant player. He's doing for England what he does for Leeds Utd. The new Beckham perhaps.

A few players were not at 100% last night but it's rare a full team are.
The passing was superb and that alone will take them far.

Roll on Friday against Scotland. Their supporters hate England and cheer for any team against us.
'see you sweaties.

As I said, very impressed with Kalvin, as for the Scots - just one word to shout at them - Gascoigne! And Seaman, for that matter.

** EDIT Bloody video blocks!! Well, it is on You Tube.........use the "Watch on You Tube" tab in bottom left

The Paul Gascoigne goal was probably one of the best goals England have ever scored.
The flick over the defenders head and the volley was poetry in motion.

It doesn't show in this vid., but Gazza points to the spot where he wants the ball - talk about sharp mind. He knew in that split second what he was going to do - Effin' genius.

Scotland Schick as a parrot. :P

Unlucky Scotland
Fine margins at this level

Makes Friday a bit tastier
Oops

I think it will be a dirty match.
Kane will as usual be kicked all over the pitch - but with extra venom

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 13th June 2021, 11:07 PM

We never looked like losing but tbh we never looked like doing more than nicking it either, we'll need a lot more cutting edge against the Frances and Italys.

How many Frances and Italys are there?

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 13th June 2021, 11:07 PM

I get terrified every time we get dragged into extra time with the dreaded penalty shootout looming. Teary

The way to practice penalties is for everyone to do it at the end of training when they're all knackered.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 14th June 2021, 4:39 PM

Scotland Schick as a parrot. :P

Well I thought it was funny. :(

I'll get me coat...............