Euros 20/21 Page 21

Fighting racism will always be a work-in-progress, with no set finish date.

"You are not expected to complete the task, but nor are you free to exempt yourself from it"

Quote: chipolata @ 12th July 2021, 1:08 PM

If the original customers are mouth-breathing knuckle-dragging racists, I say alienate away!

The original customers in my analogy were the ones that were already "buying the product". So clearly not.

Quote: chipolata @ 12th July 2021, 1:08 PM

On the subject of taking a knee, I was in a pub during the first England match and the only people who booed during the players taking a knee was a table full of boorish oafs who we were thoroughly embarrassed to think were English.

So continuing to take the knee is going to win them over is it?

Quote: playfull @ 12th July 2021, 12:10 AM

Why does he struggle with Subs? He says he could have made subs in normal time -"but they might have lost". That says it all!

I've thought about this all during the Euros and the only conclusion I can up with is - He just struggles with football. Almost every other team that played used their full allotted subs and brought them on with time enough to make a difference.

Look at Mancini last night, two early subs changed the second half. Grealish comes on 10 minutes into extra time ffs! We were crying out for him at the 60 minute mark. And the frankly insane penalty taker selection. :S Gareth, nice bloke but I'd rather have Vinny Jones as coach quite honestly. Pirate

Quote: Lazzard @ 12th July 2021, 1:12 PM

Fighting racism will always be a work-in-progress, with no set finish date.

"You are not expected to complete the task, but nor are you free to exempt yourself from it"

Cracking Quotes. Excuse my ignorance, but where are they from?

First one's me! So your ignorance is excused.
The second (and infinitely more erudite one) is from The Ethics of the Fathers attributed to Rabbi Tarpon.

Quote: Firkin @ 12th July 2021, 11:24 AM

The Police investigate racist abuse of the most successful England team since 1966 ! Clearly taking the knee is still necessary. https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57800431

Not nice, but do you think they'd not get abuse from Italy fans if they were Italian? It's a football fan problem, more in some countries than others but I'd say it's worse in Italy than in England.

I think much of the blame for it has to go to Southgate. Just what was he doing giving the last two must score penalties to a 22 year old who'd just come on the pitch and a 19 year old, and of course given the racist abuse problem. The pressure he put on them must have been huge. I'm just not getting how Saintly Southgate is getting away scot free for this abuse of them or for our shocking capitulation. :S

A small part of me is actually glad England lost

Cos there is a small minority of English fans that are total scum and don't deserve anything good

I kinda hope they never see England win anything in their sad miserable lifetimes

F**king pathetic racist filth

F**k that.
They've stolen the flag - they're not having football.

How do you know they were English?
And who has stolen what flag?

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 12th July 2021, 9:22 AM

Not sure about the "stunning sense "...........or "humour", when I think about it :P

My comedy makes people think. They think, He's shit.
As expected, everyone at work today was asking what I think about it. I don't.
Still, nothing's all bad. https://youtu.be/AtVGYFeiD2A

Not only does Ian Mcculloch have a much better voice - he's also prettier than all of the spice girls put together

I don't think I will ever forgive you for that comment.

Laughing out loud

I think racisms is bad. If I am Primer Ministry, no one can racisms. Must only be niser.
Thank f**k that's over for another four years. Football is so shit even New Order couldn't write a decent song about it.

Quote: Michael Monkhouse @ 13th July 2021, 8:42 AM

Thank f**k that's over for another four years.

3 years actually, BUT before then, next year is the World Cup Laughing out loud And you thought the Euros were overkill - you ain't seen nothing yet! Laughing out loud