Starstruck - Series 1

Starstruck. Image shows from L to R: Jessie (Rose Matafeo), Tom (Nikesh Patel). Copyright: Avalon Television.

Starstruck

Comedy about a 20-something juggling two dead end jobs who discovers she's slept with a film star

Sitcomfan64

• Sunday 25th April 2021, 10:51am
  • England
  • 837 posts

Rose Matafeo's sitcom. I've only seen episode one but I liked it a lot. There's a lovely charm to her writing, the conversations sound real and the humour isn't forced. Also from a personal standpoint, having worked in a cinema, her interaction with the customer was painfully accurate.

alison blunderland

• Sunday 25th April 2021, 2:51pm
  • United Kingdom
  • 73 posts

I love it but there's NO way those girls could afford that flat in Hackney.

Sitcomfan64

• Monday 3rd May 2021, 11:19am
  • England
  • 837 posts

This is quickly becoming my favourite new series of 2021. Matafeo and Sneddon really manage to infuse it with a sweetness that doesn't feel tacky or too saccharine, and it's refreshing to have such a likeable lead character in a word where the narcissism of Fleabag is celebrated as this ideal that writers should aspire to.

Aaron

• Monday 3rd May 2021, 7:01pm
  • Royal Berkshire, England
  • 68,829 posts

The first episode was very, very sweet. It's nice to have a new series that's not bitter and cynical. (So far.)

Sitcomfan64

• Tuesday 4th May 2021, 9:44am
  • England
  • 837 posts

Just finished it. Now it is definitely my favourite series of 2021. The final episode especially had some lovely moments, the goodbye chat with her best friend being the highlight.

alison blunderland

• Wednesday 5th May 2021, 11:14am
  • United Kingdom
  • 73 posts

'You haven't seen British comedy until you've seen Manuel absolutely struggle with some plates.'

Lovely line.