Taskmaster - Series 11

Taskmaster. Image shows from L to R: Greg Davies, Alex Horne. Copyright: Avalon Television.

Taskmaster

TV format in which Greg Davies and Alex Horne set a group of comedians various outlandish challenges

Hercules Grytpype Thynne

• Thursday 18th March 2021, 11:17pm
  • England
  • 20,121 posts

Three people I'd never heard of, one vaguely and Lee Mack who I'm not a great fan of, so bad start for me.

Having said that, I don't think I would have felt any different if I'd been a fan of all five of them, as, sadly, I found the whole thing lacking.

Thinking back over some of the previous hilarious series - this doesn't have the spark; but always give things second and maybe a third chance, as it may improve.

Sitcomfan64

• Friday 19th March 2021, 12:03am
  • England
  • 889 posts

I actually think it's a better mix than Series 10. Wozniak won the inaugural edition at the Edinburgh Fringe so I'm expecting big things. Sarah Kendall is my favourite so far, I was already a huge fan of her stand up and series Frayed.

Hercules Grytpype Thynne

• Friday 19th March 2021, 12:15am
  • England
  • 20,121 posts

Yes, Wozniak looks as though he's going to be great fun in a quirky way, and anything is better than Series 10, although I thought Daisy May was very funny, in part.

Aaron

• Saturday 20th March 2021, 9:51am
  • Royal Berkshire, England
  • 68,931 posts

I miss the type of tasks they had in the first couple of series, where there was an element of subversion and lateral thinking possible.

"Do a silly thing" is entertaining, but not nearly as satisfying or clever.

Sitcomfan64

• Saturday 20th March 2021, 10:34am
  • England
  • 889 posts
Quote: Aaron @ 20th March 2021, 9:51 AM

I miss the type of tasks they had in the first couple of series, where there was an element of subversion and lateral thinking possible.

"Do a silly thing" is entertaining, but not nearly as satisfying or clever.

I agree. That said, there is always such a mix if you don't like one task the next one usually serves up something different. I'm looking forward to the 'make this house haunted one' Charlotte Ritchie mentioned in an interview.

Hercules Grytpype Thynne

• Saturday 20th March 2021, 12:09pm
  • England
  • 20,121 posts

Lee Mack's blind sandwich making made me laugh out loud, when he kept knocking off items on the little table (stool) while trying to find the next ingredient.

G180e

• Saturday 20th March 2021, 12:15pm
  • Wolverhampton, England
  • 3,401 posts

I enjoyed it and glad to have it back on TV again on Thursday nights. Was this series filmed alongside Series 10 then?

Sitcomfan64

• Saturday 20th March 2021, 5:25pm
  • England
  • 889 posts
Quote: G180e @ 20th March 2021, 12:15 PM

I enjoyed it and glad to have it back on TV again on Thursday nights. Was this series filmed alongside Series 10 then?

I imagine it's the sort of show where you can film a lot of footage relatively quickly, given most of the tasks rely on one person in the house, you could probably do a whole series worth of tasks per contestant in two or three days, so they are probably filming as much as they can while restrictions allow.

Aaron

• Saturday 20th March 2021, 5:50pm
  • Royal Berkshire, England
  • 68,931 posts
Quote: G180e @ 20th March 2021, 12:15 PM

No, although the studio segments were recorded very shortly afterwards.

Sitcomfan64

• Thursday 25th March 2021, 10:27pm
  • England
  • 889 posts

Much better episode tonight, great variety of tasks. Wozniak continues to impress, I lost it when he said Plum. I like Jamali's refusal to accept Greg's tyranny.

Sitcomfan64

• Friday 2nd April 2021, 8:26am [Edited]
  • England
  • 889 posts

I liked the hot coals task, Sarah Kendall remains my favourite contestant, she's so lugubrious but comes up with some really original solutions.

Sitcomfan64

• Friday 9th April 2021, 7:47am
  • England
  • 889 posts

Really enjoyed last night's, I liked the variety in the toilet roll task and the banana in the bottle was classic.

fasty

• Friday 9th April 2021, 11:17am
  • Derbys, England
  • 384 posts
Quote: Sitcomfan64 @ 9th April 2021, 7:47 AM

Really enjoyed last night's, I liked the variety in the toilet roll task and the banana in the bottle was classic.

Yep, some proper old-school tasks this week. Very good.