Your Favourite Crisp Flavour Page 3

Lemon curry??

Sick

Asda Roast chicken tonight.

Quote: Chappers @ 9th March 2021, 9:40 PM

Asda Roast chicken tonight.

That reminds me of the wonderful skit on The Royle Family, when Barbara is most impressed that Denise had roast chicken for tea, then Dave piped up "Yeah, and I had salt and vinegar". Laughing out loud

You can't go wrong with roast chicken flavour. Some crisps don't need anything extra like Walkers but some can benefit from a sauce or condiment. Worcestershire sauce, Reggae Reggae sauce and burger relish are all perfect as dips with your more manly crisps like McCoy's. Even HP sauce and Coleman's mustard can turn a bag of plain crisps in to a cinema style treat.

Frazzles are very addictive and one bag is never enough although that's partly down to how small the bags are now in multipacks. Anything scampi flavoured such as Nik Naks scampi and lemon and of course the pub favourite scampi fries. Although not technically a crisp they still deserve a mention in the snack related arena as does Worcestershire sauce flavour French Fries. Ten bags is probably the equivalent of one small potato but they are so damn tasty. Also tomato Snaps and prawn cocktail Skips. I used to like a bag of pork rind but don't think my teeth could handle it and probably not good for the dental hygiene.

In summary Brannigans FTW.

The Americans get these from time to time.
They've never made them in the UK

https://inews.co.uk/inews-lifestyle/food-and-drink/brannigans-crisps-discontinued-pub-classic-britons-mourning-657852

:(

I didn't realize they were so popular,I can't remember when I last had a packet.

I do remember a sit com where they were deciding what to have for dinner.They chose chicken and out came packets of crisps.Probably Bottom?

Who said it first?

Quote: john tregorran @ 11th March 2021, 5:16 AM

I didn't realize they were so popular,I can't remember when I last had a packet.

I do remember a sit com where they were deciding what to have for dinner.They chose chicken and out came packets of crisps.Probably Bottom?

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 9th March 2021, 11:44 PM

That reminds me of the wonderful skit on The Royle Family, when Barbara is most impressed that Denise had roast chicken for tea, then Dave piped up "Yeah, and I had salt and vinegar". Laughing out loud

Sorry .How very embarrassing.And I think I read every post.I must have one of my power naps

Going slightly off topic....

Does anyone remember the loose peanuts* you used to be able to buy at Woolworths?

There was something extra special about them. They were I think newly roasted so they were warm. Probably wouldn't be allowed nowadays due to health and safety or something.

* You wouldn't buy them individually.

Quote: Chappers @ 23rd April 2021, 8:35 PM

Does anyone remember the loose peanuts* you used to be able to buy at Woolworths?l

No.

Quote: Chappers @ 23rd April 2021, 8:35 PM

Does anyone remember the loose peanuts* you used to be able to buy at Woolworths?

There was something extra special about them. They were I think newly roasted so they were warm. Probably wouldn't be allowed nowadays due to health and safety or something.

* You wouldn't buy them individually.

Vaguely, but I do remember (WHY?) salt and vinegar peanuts. I like roasted peanuts. I like S&V crisps, but together? Bloody awful.

Bit of a traditionalist I'm afraid. Plain and Salt and Vinegar. Can't stand Pringles.

Quote: Bunnykins7 @ 11th May 2021, 11:59 AM

Bit of a traditionalist I'm afraid. Plain and Salt and Vinegar. Can't stand Pringles.

Not with you on the Pringles, but the rest of it - Yup. Can't be a doin' with them' s fandangled new flavers.