Newsjack Series 24 - Feb/Mar 2021 Page 6

Quote: Dantrobus @ 5th March 2021, 5:10 PM

You should, yes. It's the bit on the template that says "INSERT NEWS STORY REFERENCE / RELEVANT LINK HERE" just above the sketch title, just below the name and email box.

Thanks - when you put it like that it seems rather obvious! Onwards and upwards.

Alright, submitted for the first time in three (?) years. Likely to crash and burn but this is the first time this series where I'm confident stuff I've written *may* have a little chance of landing!

No sketches for me this week. But a full set of oneliners just sent off - fairly happy with them. I feel like two of them are funny enough and concise enough to have a chance, three of them are either 'funny but maybe a bit too long', or 'short but maybe not funny enough', and one is a 'break into song at the end' one, so who knows.

Good luck everybody.

Managed 3 breaking news and 2 good week bad week ( and not a royal reference in sight ) Reasonably happy with them, although one maybe a bit too Frankie Boylesque

Don't know who wrote the joke last week about the gathering in Mayfair and passing go, but wished I'd thought of it

Best of luck, all

It was 2 Breaking news, 2 GW/BW for me. No sketches (a few ideas but nothing came together on the page).

Emails have gone out
I've got nowt....

Nothing for me, although I did get something on The Skewer last night.

Yeah nothing for me either!

Quote: GAP1 @ 11th March 2021, 6:02 PM

Nothing for me, although I did get something on The Skewer last night.

Is this another open door show that anyone can submit to ?

Hi Kenny. Click on the link for details https://thecomedycrowd.com/opportunities/the-skewer-writers-wanted-for-radio-4-show/

Cheers GAP1

Well done on The Skewer, GAP1!

Commiserations all on Newsjack. Nothing for me either.

One real Old Jokes Home contender in last night's episode, the 'there's a sinkhole, police are looking into it' breaking news one. Sheesh.

Hi gang! I managed a one-liner - boom :)
Has anyone got any tips on where to look for more Newsjack-y news stories rather than just the big headlines?

Quote: Dantrobus @ 12th March 2021, 10:52 AM

Well done on The Skewer, GAP1!

Commiserations all on Newsjack. Nothing for me either.

One real Old Jokes Home contender in last night's episode, the 'there's a sinkhole, police are looking into it' breaking news one. Sheesh.

Yes - agree, can't believe that made it on. Surely must predate The Two Ronnies...

Enjoyed the AA7 joke, though

Quote: Rachel E Thorn @ 12th March 2021, 12:13 PM

Hi gang! I managed a one-liner - boom :)
Has anyone got any tips on where to look for more Newsjack-y news stories rather than just the big headlines?

Excellent - which one was yours ?

Oh, and, er, if it was the police looking into the hole joke....congratulations, a modern twist on a much loved classic ( he says, hastily covering all bases )

Well done Rachel, great going.