Mel Giedroyc: Unforgivable

Really enjoyed this tonight. Great format, Mel playing against type trying to be all edgy and swearing didn't quite work but pairing her with Lou Sanders was a brilliant idea, Lou is perfectly suited to the show. Nice to see Graham Norton being a guest for once.

I've been in love with Mel Giedroyc since her Channel 4 days, way back with Sue Whatsherface, and thought she was absolutely brilliant on Taskmaster, so was looking forward to this, BUT not too keen on this "dirty" side of her - as you say, it suits Lou Sanders fine. Shagging her best friend's 47-year-old father when she was 17!!! Bloody Hell.

Anyway, I like the idea and will give it another look, especially as Jimmy Carr is on next week.

What I don't like though, is the seeming obsession with other people's bodily fluids, ESPECIALLY when they are served up to a customer who had upset them in a restaurant where they used to work - snot pizza with floor sweepings topping in Mel's case. Sick

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 3rd February 2021, 3:52 PM

What I don't like though, is the seeming obsession with other people's bodily fluids, ESPECIALLY when they are served up to a customer who had upset them in a restaurant where they used to work - snot pizza with floor sweepings topping in Mel's case. Sick

Having worked customer service, not that I would condone that behaviour, but some astonishingly rude customers really do deserve that treatment, I truly believe that.

I've often said, "NEVER, complain about the soup"

That's it - never going to watch it again. Three weeks now a some prat has confessed to animal cruelty, which evokes such hilarity by all concerned. Really? OK, two were kids, but I never did that, and would rather not know about it. But for them all to think it was so funny is appalling.

And I'm sorry Mel, but you have gone WAY down in my estimation.

I think I've watched one and a half episodes but it's nothing special. Sorry Mel.

Thanks for that Herc, I won't be tempted to watch now.
Animal cruelty appals me too.
They say that one of the traits of yer average psychopath is animal cruelty in childhood.

Judi Love cooking her pet goldfish ALIVE in a red-hot frying pan? I thought it was a great story until I realised she wasn't joking. Then I just sat there in total shock, not only that she could do such a thing as a child but mainly that as a grown woman she could think it was funny.

Yes, that's the one that really shocked me, with her glee at what happened to the poor fish, and it's one I try to forget.

YES Mel, totally unforgiveable.

Yes I too am not impressed with the focus on animal cruelty.

And, aside from anything else, Mel is trying way, way too hard to be 'quirky' and 'naughty', it comes off as a bit desperate.

Also any panel show that books Gemma Collins is an instant 'never watch again' for me.

I didn't see it and by the sounds of it never will. This passive approach to animal welfare in what is meant to be tv entertainment these days really annoys me. Shows are filmed abroad to get around laws on animal safety in the UK and still hugely popular in the UK and crimes against animals hardly ever ends up with a prison sentence even in the most severe cases. I could never be an RSPCA officer because of what they must deal with. I suppose it's like working at a vet and you do the best you can so that's how you deal with it. There should be harsher sentences for animal cruelty and neglect instead of just banning them from owning animals. No deterrent to someone who probably wants to get rid of them anyway.

I like Mel on panel shows even though she's not known for comedy because I like her cheeky personality but I've also seen moments where she tries too hard and would be much better off calming down a bit and just being herself. It stands out painfully when she tries it so it usually ends up with deathly silence instead of the roaring laughter she is expecting.

Only one episode in, but really enjoying this. Thanks for this thread.

I only watched the first episode and then when I read everything about the Animal cruelty I haven't gone back to it.

Quote: alison blunderland @ 22nd February 2021, 10:12 AM

Judi Love cooking her pet goldfish ALIVE in a red-hot frying pan?.

Quote: Chappers @ 9th June 2021, 3:05 PM

I only watched the first episode and then when I read everything about the Animal cruelty I haven't gone back to it.

Good Dave - join the club. Disgusting that this is still airing and some people enjoying it. They must have a weird sense of "humour".

Judi "ironic" Love wants banning from the airways, with Mel and Lou having their wrists slapped - hysterical laughing when some woman gleefully told us about a doll's house full of frogs being squashed by a lorry. Yeah, f**king hysterical Angry

Shame on any of you that finds this funny!!

Maybe they should have Chris Packham and Michaela Strachan on a future show.