Big Comedy Conference

Not sure where this belongs, so apologies if it's not in the right place.

I'm guessing the current 'early bird booking' link is not for the upcoming BCC in Manchester? I assume booking hasn't actually opened for the next in-person conference?

I know I'm being a bit keen, but I really don't want to miss out in this.

Cheers!

Do we have conferences?

Hi Ellie. Sorry for the slow reply.

The Big Comedy Conference was due to be in London in April 2020... a full day of sessions, networking, advice etc. (Hopefully) all the commissioners there, etc. April was obviously the deep lockdown, so it got postponed... and we're still waiting for a date to re-schedule it on. But it will happen one day!

BCG Pro networking events will visit various cities as soon as we can be mask free (no one wants to try and meet people whilst having to stay two feet away from them, I don't think). These will be more an evening thing, so different from the Big Conference... we'll have an expert speaker, but then it's an evening of drinks etc to meet and network with other BCG Pro people. Manchester seems to be the most popular city for a meet-up (based on our survey), so we're planning to pop-up there as soon as its safe and nice to do so (and then on to other cities... Cardiff, Glasgow, etc)

The Big Comedy Conference has a fee attached (as it's an expensive London venue, full lunch, we're paying speakers etc), but the networking events in cities like Manchester will cost just £5 (and you'll get a free drink etc, so essentially they're free)

Hi Mark,

That's really great to hear, thanks for all the information!

Yes, I was meaning whatever upcoming event there might be in Manchester as that's where I'm based, so that's great to know it's not too expensive.

Looking forward to being able to book as soon as it's announced!

While we're at it can I just point out that if you're looking for a new step ladder to aid in painting the underside of a particularly high fox you really cannot go wrong with a Reeves & Mortimer step ladder. The entire step ladder range boasts excellent value for money for all fox painting needs.

I assume that post-Covid/funding there are no future BCG comedy conferences planned? That's a shame, although I am not a comedy writer, but I enjoy listening to experts talking about their motivation etc. I am old enough to recall the BCG meet ups - I attended one held in a pub near Euston and Renegade Car Park (RIP) was in attendance as was SootyJ and that bloke with Fozzie Bear on his avatar.

Quote: MrsLogicFromViz @ 24th February 2024, 7:52 AM

I assume that post-Covid/funding there are no future BCG comedy conferences planned? That's a shame, although I am not a comedy writer, but I enjoy listening to experts talking about their motivation etc. I am old enough to recall the BCG meet ups - I attended one held in a pub near Euston and Renegade Car Park (RIP) was in attendance as was SootyJ and that bloke with Fozzie Bear on his avatar.

We have a Conference coming up in just a couple of weeks: https://www.comedy.co.uk/pro/conference/

We also hold a range of BCG Pro social events around the country. Bath and London will be next: https://www.comedy.co.uk/pro/networking/events/

We've not done any general forum/member meet-ups in a few years, no, but are looking at some more things for later this year if this vein is a bit more your thing. 🙂

Thank you Aaron. I'll take a look.