The Lost Tapes of History Podcast - OUT NOW!

FIRST Episode Released: The Lost Tapes of History Podcast - Episode 1: William I and the English Tutor

January 2021 sees the launch of a new weekly podcast: The Lost Tapes of History; for those who like their history lessons with a side order of humour. Released by Since 79 Productions, the podcast will cover a whopping 37 monarchs from William I to Edward VIII, each lasting less than 20 minutes.

Imagine finding a stack of audio tapes containing the first few minutes of interviews and private conversations between England's monarchs and some therapists, counsellors, officials and professionals just trying to do their job. Imagine eavesdropping and getting a glimpse of who they really were as human beings.

What would have happened if Richard III had been dragged into a police station to be questioned about his nephews? What would you have heard if Henry VIII had gone to see a therapist about his trust issues? Or if George IV had seen a marriage guidance counsellor? If you crossed Horrible Histories with Psychobitches, what would you get?

Based on real facts at a specific year in each monarch's life, listeners will learn about their true personalities and leave them with a thirst for more. A website page for each monarch explains the facts and where to continue the search for more knowledge.

Episode 1: William I and the English Tutor - The date is November 1086. The work on the Domesday Book is complete and while written in Latin, it contains Old English words and phrases that don't have a Latin equivalent so William has vowed to try learning English. Again. A spokesperson for William I said: "William tried his best but English isn't his forte. Which is ironic really because 'forte' is actually from the French word 'fort' which means strength. He can donate words to the English language but you can't teach him the English language. Typical."

The Lost Tapes of History Podcast can be downloaded from the following directories every week: Spotify; Apple Podcasts; Stitcher; Amazon Music/Audible; Pocket Casts; TuneIn Radio; Player.fm; Podcast Addict; Overcast and Castbox.

HUGE thanks to BCG Pro for giving me the opportunity to hire some great comedy performers via their website!

Not sure if I'll be able to get this but it sounds like an interesting venture, with plenty of material to plunder. I'll take a look on Amazon. Are they single voice commentaries or multi-character mini play type things?

Hello! They are all two handers (monarch and context person) and in conversation, so I guess mini play as you suggest. Kerrie