Eddie Izzard's change to 'she'

I see Eddie Izzard is now using terms like she and her to describe himself. Lovely. Does this mean I can call my ten year old Ford CMax a brand new Ferrari and expect everyone to play along with my delusion?

Gender has other meanings besides a persons biological sex. Considering Eddie is a transvestite it's not surprising he might enjoy referring to himself as a female but the gender sense not the biological sex sense.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Third_gender#:~:text=Third%20gender%2C%20or%20third%20sex,recognize%20three%20or%20more%20genders.

I love Eddie and he can call himself what he likes. It may not be understood by some people but western society isn't used to separating gender as a concept from a persons biological sex and it's still a taboo subject. Not something discussed as light conversation at a tea party unless it's a Fast Show sketch. I'll get me coat.

Quote: Bob Carolvorderman @ 22nd December 2020, 8:10 PM

I see Eddie Izzard is now using terms like she and her to describe himself. Lovely. Does this mean I can call my ten year old Ford CMax a brand new Ferrari and expect everyone to play along with my delusion?

It was very unlikely that someone hadn't already started a thread on him - use the Search!

https://www.comedy.co.uk/forums/thread/15788/2/

He's no Pamela Stevenson whatever type of heel she wears

Quote: Bob Carolvorderman @ 22nd December 2020, 8:10 PM

I should imagine that its really important to them as its who they are and their right to be that person. I'm not that well up on the whole caper but my ignorance doesn't create a hatred or a need to mock as I see the underlying theme as being someones personal fight to be who they are despite the opinions of others.
Let's be honest there's a lot of people who think that they're comedians despite the fact that they couldn't write funny with a broken pen, but no one is saying they can't call themselves that?
So in the spirit of Christmas why don't you call your car the 'Ignorant as F**k mobile' .

And there lies the problem Teddy... if you don't understand this need to be something different then the problem appears to be with you. (not you personally - the general you)
Being forced to comply with someone else's decision to change their gender or pronouns means somehow you are the bad guy if you don't?
Why is the onus on me to change too?

Ste I'm the least the politically correct person on here as I don't give a f**k what people think of me but if some poor c**t wants to call themselves something because it gives them peace of mind I can't see why we have to try and stop them. As I said I know nothing about the caper and if my bird was using a public toilets and some out and out mush was in there claiming he was a bird I would go in and launch him the f**k out and not by talking to him,
But as it stands if someone feels they are something else why should I be arsed?
To be honest I have more trouble with these white dickheads who bounce around trying to sound like they're black as apart from being embarrassing they need f**king volleying all over the gaff.
So don't worry about me falling foul of the PC mob as they detest people like me because I speak my mind. And on this issue I think that if Eddie wants to be called a woman why would should that bother me?

Oh and by the way Happy Christmas mate I hope you and yours have a good and a safe one

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 23rd December 2020, 9:22 AM

Why is the onus on me to change too?

There is no onus for you to change Stephen. The issue was with starting this as a topic on a public forum. It shows a lack of respect. This is how bullying begins. You don't need to change, but equally Eddie doesn't need to change. He is after all one of our very best unconventional comedians, so the why the surprise he dresses unconventionally ?

Sometimes this place is like Jurassic Park.
The world's changing - for the better, in the main.
It's certainly getting better for people who, in the past, kept their feelings bottled up for fear of ridicule from the masses.
Get over it, as the popular saying goes.

It shows a lack of respect. Not really, just questioning an issue in modern society but expressing a conservative point of view. However, I don't wish Eddie any harm whatever gender or name preferred and I certainly have no intention of causing any 'beef' with any fellow contributors.

Quote: Bob Carolvorderman @ 23rd December 2020, 5:50 PM

It shows a lack of respect.

?????

It shows a lack of respect. Not really, just questioning an issue in modern society but expressing a conservative point of view. However, I don't wish Eddie any harm whatever gender or name preferred and I certainly have no intention of causing any 'beef' with any fellow contributors.

What issue in modern society are you questioning? You haven't stated that you just implied that someone is delusional because they have chosen to identify as third gender and compared it to a car. Gender in a spiritual sense is not about men are masculine and women are feminine and being a transvestite isn't just about men dressing as a woman for kicks. Cross dressing is just a component and is common in some cultures.

Eddie's OK by me.
Relatively easy for him in the show biz world,a bit harder if he were a tradie on a building site.

It shows a lack of respect. Not really,

Then why did your comment upset so many ?

Quote: Teddy Paddalack @ 23rd December 2020, 9:02 AM

So in the spirit of Christmas why don't you call your car the 'Ignorant as F**k mobile' .

Quote: Lazzard @ 23rd December 2020, 1:06 PM

....It's certainly getting better for people who, in the past, kept their feelings bottled up for fear of ridicule from the masses.
Get over it, as the popular saying goes.

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 23rd December 2020, 11:06 PM

you just implied that someone is delusional because they have chosen to identify as third gender and compared it to a car.

Quote: john tregorran @ 23rd December 2020, 11:33 PM

Eddie's OK by me.
Relatively easy for him in the show biz world,a bit harder if he were a tradie on a building site.

Hod carrier in stilettos.