Dr Who, woke bollocks or not? Page 3

The 1965 film Dr Who & the Daleks, with Peter Cushing as the Doctor ("Now on the Big Screen in COLOUR!"), on TPTV next Saturday (4 Sept) at 7.40pm. No woke-ness was involved in the making of this film.

Ah the one with Roy Castle
it's not proper Doctor Who though is it? isn't Cushing just a professor who made the Tardis himself?
Anyone old enough to remember if the movie went down well at the time?

just checked
20th best selling UK movie of 1965

I preferred Doctor Who: Daleks' Invasion Earth 2150 A.D, not least because it featured Philip Madoc at his slippery best. Plus, a big magnet defeated all the Daleks.

Yes this is a much better film, a really good post apocalyptic sci fi with a lot more action in it. And Bernard Cribbens, which is always good.

Peter Cushing is one of my all time favourite actors. He has a fantastic screen presence in nearly everything he did. I haven't actually looked into this in any real detail, but am I correct in thinking that his part as Dr Who was never considered to be part of the main list of Dr's we have?

I think you're right Deferenz

I love the title "Dr Who woke bollocks or not". Surely children's entertainment has and always should be woke, because the young need moral guidance. As a child I never got the political references of Animal farm but I did picked up the social injustices. The Pigs are still abusing power, just ask BLM. Whistling nnocently

Quote: Firkin @ 2nd September 2021, 8:28 PM

Surly children's entertainment has and always should be woke,

Can't stand surly children.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 2nd September 2021, 10:02 PM

Can't stand surly children.

:D I agree, they were often misunderstood in the days of black and white TV. Since colour, or diversity as some call it, hardly any. Especially now Leeds are back in the Premiership.

Never watch it what with my anxiety condition. Sure, it is on in the background sometimes but if there is one thing that starts me worrying that I have a Nike sock on one foot and a Lonsdale one on the other and which makes me look hard enough it is that. So, no, I detest it to be frank. It makes me agoraphobic.

The new Doctor has been announced.

Oh what a surprise!

Not really a surprise
We knew Jodie Whittaker was leaving and they tend to announce the new Doctor before they actually start

I haven't watched it for a bit, but anybody know how they got around the fact that timelords are only supposed to regenerate 12 times? This is the 14th regeneration.

Quote: chipolata @ 9th May 2022, 6:48 AM

I haven't watched it for a bit, but anybody know how they got around the fact that timelords are only supposed to regenerate 12 times? This is the 14th regeneration.

Yes, I've been worrying about that - kept me awake all last night.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Daleks said 'Put them in their safe place.