Dr Who, woke bollocks or not?

Can I be bothered to watch it this Christmas? It has the Daleks in it which is a bonus but nit keen on the latest season of it, I mean the new Doctor is easy on the eye but I find her hey up, where's me whippet fake accent too annoying and the preachy woke bollocks storylines have been a turn off for me anyway. It'd be good if the Daleks actually won this round, killed her off along with most of the BBC and we had a regeneration of a genuinely good Doctor!

Mine weren't asleep.

And I think you'll find that's her* genuine accent.

* Their/its whatever because as you must realise the Doctor is neither a he or a she but Non-Binary.

If the Doctor doesn't have a big bushy perm and a long scarf - I'm out

My kids loved this, it was great family viewing. Tennant or Baker, none of the other Drs matter. I miss the sea monsters, some bloke holding a bicycle light in one hand covered in green netting.

William Hartnell was my Doctor.

To be followed on a Saturday evening by Dixon of Dock Green & The Billy Cotton Band Show. (Not so much "woke" as "wokey-wokey")

I outgrew the Dr years ago.

I'm not watching it again until the next doctor is a black, disabled midget transsexual

Quote: lofthouse @ 12th December 2020, 8:17 PM

I'm not watching it again until the next doctor is a black, disabled midget transsexual

Bloody hell - how uncanny.

That is exactly what my nickname was at school.

I'm so excited about the next series of Dr Who, I'm having a party last week.

A night with Ace and I'd need a walking frame to get home.

I haven't seen it nor any other episode in all of time but Jon Pertwee genuinely lived by the pond when I was eight and the heron was there statue like on one leg if it felt like it and then I would fill in for it when it wasn't there. At other times, JP used to sort of cruise in a heterosexual way just beyond the park on the downs where I was injecting heroin and that was actually how he was able without even a course of method acting to do Worzel Gummidge so convincingly. You can thank me for that. Thanks too much.

Obviously I was going out with Una Stubbs at the time which caused a bit of friction but I took them both down to Pizza Hut and with a bit of Shalamar on the decks everything was fine. I only mention this because of having two questions. One, do you think that in older age it would be wrong to be the Mike Yarwood in your local area being a heron in full view of everyone else, whether clothed or nude, and to be honest I can only really do it with no clothes on, and two, erm, does the new Dr Who have gigantic breasts?

Shalamar - A Night To Remember:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qwvf2ilsogo

I do have a story somewhere on here about Tom baker rescuing me from getting beaten up when I was about 13

But as regards the new Doctor Who, I will watch as it's new Daleks
But I really couldn't get into the last couple of series very well, whereas it was must watch telly for me during Tennant & Smiths tenures even if it was often crap.

Too PC and full of issues. Its forgotten how to be a rollicking adventure series. How long before we get to "Daleks have feelings too, y'know" and " time travel is linked to PTSD"?

Quote: paulted @ 13th December 2020, 9:02 AM

Too PC and full of issues. Its forgotten how to be a rollicking adventure series. How long before we get to "Daleks have feelings too, y'know" and " time travel is linked to PTSD"?

That's creeping into a lot of stuff now, sadly. The Beeb have forgotten how to entertain and leave it at that - their Pinko editors have to try and shove some shit down your throat.

Quote: paulted @ 13th December 2020, 9:02 AM

.... " time travel is linked to PTSD"?

Imagine an aristocratic Elizabethan being told children CAN be seen and heard and you can't belt them or stick them up the chimneys any more. That would be traumatic for them, not to mention inheritance tax or dealing with text talk, lol.